Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd number for preliminary final

Re: Crowd number for preliminary final

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You are perhaps being a little melodramatic.

$90+ is a fair price for preliminary finals tickets. For non gold-plated members, there is little or no chance of seeing the swans in a grand final. Not just because of ticket restrictions, but also prices (min $500 scalped), but just because its 1000km away in melbourne.

Prelim finals are, for the vast majority of sydney-siders, the pinnacle of AFL that they can attend.
    $90+ is cheaper than the NRL grand final. The pinnacle of rugby leage in Sydney.
    You clearly don't get it. $90 (its actually a lot more with my nephew) is reasonable to YOU and YOUR situation. It is not reasonable to ME and MY situation. Do you get it now?

I may miss the prelim because I want to make sure that if we get through that my nephew gets to go to his first GF. Even that will be a massive sacrifice for me financially so of if you or anyone else wants to continue to judge me then I say with the utmost respect, to shove your opinion up your arse. (How's that for melodrama)
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    You clearly don't get it. $90 (its actually a lot more with my nephew) is reasonable to YOU and YOUR situation. It is not reasonable to ME and MY situation. Do you get it now?

I may miss the prelim because I want to make sure that if we get through that my nephew gets to go to his first GF. Even that will be a massive sacrifice for me financially so of if you or anyone else wants to continue to judge me then I say with the utmost respect, to shove your opinion up your arse. (How's that for melodrama)
    Calm down big Al. Re-read my post. If you are fronting up the cash to go to the grand final, you dont match the vast demographic I was talking about who see the prelim as they pinnacle of accessible Sydney AFL.

Youve reached a financial view where you need to chose between prelim or grand final. Well done. A choice not avaliable to most.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    The casual observer will have little, if any, chance of obtaining the lower seats as I'm sure they will be all snapped up by members on Monday. Also the southern end of the ground will be reserved for Opposition members. If we are playing the Pies, they will most certainly take every available cheap seat at that end.
    In your opinion, do you think there will be any decent seats (level 1,2) left on Tuesday at 12pm?

There will be an ample number of decent silver and gold seats left, I wouldn't be worried at all. I have big doubts on whether any Level 1 bronze ($70 seats) will be left, that's all...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

The fact remains they are still quite a bit more expensive than the equivalent NRL match... at the same venue

The gold tickets are $130 a pop for our match. They are only $80 for the Bulldogs NRL prelim, making AFL tickets 60% more expensive.

That's outrageous IMO - and many people will choose to save their $400 and watch it on the box, quite understandably so.

Also, category 1 tickets for the Melbourne Storm prelim are $80...

for perspective.

As another data point - I will be there, regardless of ticket price, but my wife and two kids will stay at home. It's too much to pay for them to play video games for two hours, which is what they normally do at home and away games. ( Other than the one quarter they are contractually obligated to watch in exchange for hot chips).

Goes up to 11
    Some of my group have opted out already - they're not sufficiently into it to fork out the extra cash on top of their membership.... Just not one of their priorities I guess.

Crowd number for preliminary final

$80 is a lot of money in anyone's language and with the GF coming up too it's a lot to lay down.

We ended up getting the corporate box option.

Bit over $300 each for premium seats + 3 course dinner + all you can drink.

Actually pretty good value considering how high general admission ticket prices are!

Senior Player
    I just checked my email archives, it turns out the cheap seats were $60 and $70 in 2006 against Freo as well. The expensive tickets are 130 and 160 up from 85 and 100, though.

So maybe my fears about high prices hurting crowds are a little unfounded.

On the Rookie List
    Prelim final pricing is higher than 2006 even adjusting for CPI. The platinum and gold seats must be 20% higher.

I think if west coast make it there will be minimum 50-55k in good weather and if the pies do then 60k would be par for the course.

If they tinkered with the pricing for bronze to say $40 and silver to $70 then 70,000 against the pies wouldn't be out of the question.

I mean we barely got 62,000 in 2006 vs Freo and if the AFL swallowed their pride they could've made the upper level 6 section on the cheap for that game. But then again I suppose that crowd figure was 80% of ANZ capacity and the equivalent MCG attendance would be 75-80,000 which wouldn't be bad at all for a prelim between a big Victorian club and Freo.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    We ended up getting the corporate box option.

Bit over $300 each for premium seats + 3 course dinner + all you can drink.

Actually pretty good value considering how high general admission ticket prices are!
    Premium seat = $160
    3 course meal = $90 (being generous)
    Drinks = $50 (5 beers)

So about $300 value.

Would be a nice experience. Do you know where you're seated and how many people are in the box?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast