Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Crowd number for preliminary final

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    If you've really supported the club for that long, you'll be there on Friday.

Forget about the prelim. It's Jude's 300th, and everyone who's ever truly supported this club should go for that reason and no other.

All of us owe him a debt of gratitude for his unselfish service over the years.

The ticket prices are very annoying, but not enough for long-term supporters to refuse attending. It's our job to do all we can to help get the team across the line, especially this time.
    I'm sorry Cheer Squad but some of us are not made of money. We have to scrimp and save for everything. I certainly can't afford the Prelim & GF if my tickets are not subsidised or paid off over a period of time. I pay my membership at $19/month. My nephew is helping if I go to the GF. I can't afford both the Prelim & GF. I was pretty confident we would make it through last night so GF it is if I can manage to get to Melb.

Crowd number for preliminary final

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I'm sorry Cheer Squad but some of us are not made of money. We have to scrimp and save for everything. I certainly can't afford the Prelim & GF if my tickets are not subsidised or paid off over a period of time. I pay my membership at $19/month. My nephew is helping if I go to the GF. I can't afford both the Prelim & GF. I was pretty confident we would make it through last night so GF it is if I can manage to get to Melb.
    Absolutely no need to explain yourself Wolftone. Disregard any comments that begin with "if you were a true supporter you would..." It ignores the fact that everyones situation is completely different. The fact you didn't make it last night does not reflect on your status as a supporter. Similarly for those who can't make the GF. My best mate is a 24 year member and it would be a brave person to question his support simply because his financial status means he can't be at the G.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Spot on Al. Watching sport is an expensive business these days, and everyone has different circumstances. I'm lucky that I have a well paying job, relatively few committments and enough disposable income that I can get to what games I want - including finals games. But that does not make me any more or less of a supporter than anyone else. In the end, wherever we are, we'll all be going mental supporting the boys in Red and White - that is the bond that brings us together, and the only one that matters!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Spot on Al. Watching sport is an expensive business these days, and everyone has different circumstances. I'm lucky that I have a well paying job, relatively few committments and enough disposable income that I can get to what games I want - including finals games. But that does not make me any more or less of a supporter than anyone else. In the end, wherever we are, we'll all be going mental supporting the boys in Red and White - that is the bond that brings us together, and the only one that matters!
    And the trip up the Hume can get tiring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I'm sorry Cheer Squad but some of us are not made of money.
    No need to apologise.

I'm well aware that the AFL probably priced several priced thousand people out of attending.

My comments were aimed at those people who could afford to go, but chose not to for other reasons, some of which were alluded to in the original post by Ernie Koala.
    Last edited by Cheer Squad; 23rd September 2012 at 12:18 PM.

I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone else or myself how to spend their own money. I wouldn't accept that from my parents or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Can you believe there is a market on Sportsbet.com at the minute 'Who will get the biggest crowd?'

Swans/Pies @ 1.75
    Dogs/Bunnies @ 2.05

WTF? That market is crazy the wrong way around......
    Easy money, it paid for my ticket with a bit of loose change for a few drinks left over...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Easy money, it paid for my ticket with a bit of loose change for a few drinks left over...
    I'm annoyed I didn't get around to putting anything on that - for it was easy money indeed! Could have had a go at it and paid for a portion of the costs of this weekend coming

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    No need to apologise.

I'm well aware that the AFL probably priced several priced thousand people out of attending.

My comments were aimed at those people who could afford to go, but chose not to for other reasons, some of which were alluded to in the original post by Ernie Koala.
    With all due respect if people can afford to go and choose not too it is no one's business but theirs - they don't have to answer to anyone. You don't know what is going on I their lives that may have prevented them going or they may not of wanted too. You can poo poo it all you like - at the end if the day it's non of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    With all due respect if people can afford to go and choose not too it is no one's business but theirs - they don't have to answer to anyone. You don't know what is going on I their lives that may have prevented them going or they may not of wanted too. You can poo poo it all you like - at the end if the day it's non of our business.
    Perhaps you should read the context of my original response to Ernie Koala before getting on your high horse.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122