Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: St Kilda - Away - in New Zealand

I think this is a great idea because:

1. Saints are giving up their Melb home ground advantage ... I'm guessing more Kiwis will support Swans given lots more of them come live in Sydney than Melb; and
    2. Wellington is a really nice place ... great little "boutique" city, lots of character, definitely worth visiting

I think we'll beat Saints in Wellington by sux or sivin goals.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Senior Player
    Wonder if they'll fly auskick kids over. If there's a junior comp in Wellington that'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    I think this is a great idea because:

1. Saints are giving up their Melb home ground advantage ... I'm guessing more Kiwis will support Swans given lots more of them come live in Sydney than Melb; and
    2. Wellington is a really nice place ... great little "boutique" city, lots of character, definitely worth visiting

I think we'll beat Saints in Wellington by sux or sivin goals.
    Yis I thunk wi wull
    wun by six or Sivin - pass the limon & Poirou!

On the Rookie List
    I think it's a great idea and really looking forward to hitting Wellington (one of the few cities I haven't yet visited in Kiwiland). I'm not sure how much the Kiwis like Aussie Rules because whenever I've been over there you get precious little coverage of the AFL.......you get rugby (ad nauseam) and of course rugby league. Having said that, I remember driving around Auckland last year and being amazed to see a ground with aussie rules posts.......so clearly, somebody is playing it over there.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    I think it's a great idea and really looking forward to hitting Wellington (one of the few cities I haven't yet visited in Kiwiland). I'm not sure how much the Kiwis like Aussie Rules because whenever I've been over there you get precious little coverage of the AFL.......you get rugby (ad nauseam) and of course rugby league. Having said that, I remember driving around Auckland last year and being amazed to see a ground with aussie rules posts.......so clearly, somebody is playing it over there.
    Aussies Rules has a long history in NZ, it's popular as!

I like the fact that the Wellington City Council specifically requested the Swans (to play the Saints). As they point out along with Swans & Saints fans flying in there's a lot of ex-pat Aussies living there who will probably make the trip, along with players, staff and supporters of the 16 NZAFL clubs. Should be a decent crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Wonder if they'll fly auskick kids over. If there's a junior comp in Wellington that'd be awesome.
    Sorted -- the AFL Kiwikick

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Sounds fun though somewhat pointless. Can't imagine even the drawing power of Goodes and Lewis J puncturing the smug veil of Kiwi parochialism. On the upside it will mean our lads will avoid the hail of abuse which I believe is the traditional NZ welcome for Aussie teams.
    Not all Aussie Teams SOH, just the Wallabies. The Swans will be very well-received. As for the Saints, depends on how many locals know or remember Sam Gilberts antics early last year in Queenstown. Couldn't hurt to inform or remind any Kiwi neutrals in the crowd.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Yis I thunk wi wull
    wun by six or Sivin - pass the limon & Poirou!
    Sux! Sux or sivin.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Sux! Sux or sivin.
    It's the auto spill chick the iPhone that
    Won't lit me spill kiwi properly????

Has anyone told a sheep joke yet?

????not yet-we don't to peak too soon in the Nz joke department!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    It's the auto spill chick the iPhone that
    Won't lit me spill kiwi properly??
    You got one of thum iPhones bro? Sweet as. Do you do iny of thet social nutworking stuff? Like Twutter or LunkedIn?
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    You got one of thum iPhones bro? Sweet as. Do you do iny of thet social nutworking stuff? Like Twutter or LunkedIn?
    Yis thet stuff confuses the shut out of me????

Re: St Kilda - Away - in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Has anyone told a sheep joke yet?
    Apparently the kiwis have just discovered a new use for their many thousands of sheep that they have.

Wool.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast