Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St Kilda - Away - in New Zealand

St Kilda - Away - in New Zealand

Not sure if want...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...1/default.aspx

We better be getting paid in full for this.
    -

On the Rookie List
    Reckon it's a great idea. Gives us great exposure as a club on one of the biggest days of the year. Won't be the finals-like atmosphere that the Ess-Pies game brings but certainly a different environment. I'm sure we'll get a longer recovery, though it's probably not a lot further than a Perth trip. Saints home game but hopefully we get some of the cash it will bring.
    Twitter: @tp_rose

Veterans List
    3 hours 15 minutes so nearly two hours shorter than going to Perth.

You'd want a good break and to be playing a minnow at home the next week though.

I'm thinking I may go as I've got a Qantas return to anywhere in Aust/NZ compensation flight from last years strike. Be a good way to use it I reckon.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    3 hours 15 minutes so nearly two hours shorter than going to Perth.
    Well there you go. Makes it an even better idea.
    Twitter: @tp_rose

Can't wait! All my NZ nephews already have junior memberships and are teaching their friends the song. They're little fellas and sometimes get a bit confused and tell people I play for the Swans, but whatever...

The Caketin in Wellington is an AWESOME ground for atmosphere, and 10 mins walk from the waterfront pubs and restaurants. Built for Rugby 7s really, do not sure what viewing will be like for AFL but I guess we'll find out.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Can't wait! All my NZ nephews already have junior memberships and are teaching their friends the song. They're little fellas and sometimes get a bit confused and tell people I play for the Swans, but whatever...

The Caketin in Wellington is an AWESOME ground for atmosphere, and 10 mins walk from the waterfront pubs and restaurants. Built for Rugby 7s really, do not sure what viewing will be like for AFL but I guess we'll find out.
    I like it as an idea but can't see it drawing a big crowd.... Kiwis are going to go "WTF is that" I think. I certainly am up for the trip however, would be a lot of fun... as long as I can convince the other half (but I think I will, as we could make it a 8-9 odd day holiday but only needing to take 4 days off work to do it!)

Only thing I hope it doesn't affect is the number of games in Melbourne for the Swans.
    Last edited by mcs; 12th September 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I like it as an idea but can't see it drawing a big crowd.... Kiwis are going to go "WTF is that" I think. I certainly am up for the trip however, would be a lot of fun... as long as I can convince the other half (but I think I will, as we could make it a 8-9 odd day holiday but only needing to take 4 days off work to do it!)

Only thing I hope it doesn't affect is the number of games in Melbourne for the Swans.
    It's a Saints home game, so I'm sure it will affect our number of games in Melbourne - but only at Etihad.

And you make a good point, but Kiwis are all for a bit of sport of any kind as long as the bar's open and tickets aren't too expensive. Plus it's on a public holiday, and they don't have 2-Up...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Hopefully it replaces the trip to Geelong!
    Might be planning a trip to the land of the long white cloud!
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    It's a Saints home game, so I'm sure it will affect our number of games in Melbourne - but only at Etihad.

And you make a good point, but Kiwis are all for a bit of sport of any kind as long as the bar's open and tickets aren't too expensive. Plus it's on a public holiday, and they don't have 2-Up...
    Hopefully if we play Hawthorn away, it will be back in Melbourne rather than Launceston next season, so the overall quantam of games is unchanged.

And just looking at the article on the swans website - it says the club has again requested 6 away games in Melbourne, as many as this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hopefully if we play Hawthorn away, it will be back in Melbourne rather than Launceston next season, so the overall quantam of games is unchanged.
    I guess it's not guaranteed, but if we meet in the GF this year, you'd think they would want to maximise attendance by playing us at the MCG.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Launceston and Auckland... one or none but not both!

2 month gaps off footy down here makes homer something something...

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I guess it's not guaranteed, but if we meet in the GF this year, you'd think they would want to maximise attendance by playing us at the MCG.
    If we meet Hawthorn in the 2012 Grand Final the rematch next year will be a pin-up fixture. Based on this year's crowd for R22, I would suggest the SCG would get a one-off and if there is a 2nd game between the two it would be at the MCG. Mere speculation of course.

Back on topic. I think a Wellington game is a great move for the game and the Swans. After the Grand Final I will start earning the brownie points required to get me there.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast