Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Australian Team

Well done Ted and Josh K. Would've liked to see Jack get a guernsey but hey who am I to argue with the AA selectors, especially when one of them is A. Demetriou. ???

I'm a fan of Demetriou the administrator, but not even Eddie Maguire puts himself on the club selection committee. Demetriou's job is to run the league, not play at coach. What an ego.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Andy D is the non voting chairman.

Has no say over the selections just facilitates the discussion process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    And Dempster from the Saints - anyone see it when he played for us ?
    Of course! 2005 Granny. Mr Zoolander himself. Excellent.

Never been a year yet when selections are universally acceptable. If they ran a supporter poll, then collingwood would field a full AA team, because they have more members. So we take what we can.

TedBear gets a big nod, and Joey a smaller one, but at least THEY are acknowledged.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

We sat with Ted at the Trivia night two years ago. He had spent most of the year in the Magoos, and openly admitted to us that he would be lucky to get another contract. In his own words "I haven't exactly got much bargaining power". He turned it around towards the end of that year, got a years contract and the rest is history. He's been Mrs ORB's fav ever since that night, and you could never meet I nicer bloke. Ted, I dips me lid
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    We sat with Ted at the Trivia night two years ago. He had spent most of the year in the Magoos, and openly admitted to us that he would be lucky to get another contract. In his own words "I haven't exactly got much bargaining power". He turned it around towards the end of that year, got a years contract and the rest is history. He's been Mrs ORB's fav ever since that night, and you could never meet I nicer bloke. Ted, I dips me lid
    Perhaps you could tell this story to Jesse White.

On the Rookie List
    Jets wouldve made it if he finished off the year better. Surprised Kennedy didn't start. Pavlich/Riewoldt should've too.

And dempster, cool. Why did we let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    He would be a very satisfied man tonight. Very proud of him and Joey to overcome others doubts and prove their ability. A testament to tenacity and hardwork!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    After all those surprises you could pick another team to beat the official one. Include J Riewoldt, the Big Pav, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood, Gibson, LRT in defence and so on.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

its a pretty fair team in my opinion. the obvious one is Nic nat.. so cox into the ruck and Pavlich into the pocket. that is criminal.. w.a must be in a frenzy.

Pavlich didn't turn up until half way through the year, same as Jets hardly got a touch for the last 4-5 games of the regular season. I agree Joey should have started.
    I guess we will get to see how KJ stacks up against Swan and Pendles fairly soon.

Great to see Joey and Teddy make the team.

Rioli was very lucky.

Warming the Bench
    Jetts had a great season (hope it continues) but his second half was just so so, Have no problems with him not making the 22.
    Made the squad which is a feat in itself.

Nic Nat though wow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast