Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swans: Just win.

Swans: Just win.

They say that great achievement comes from great opportunities. And this preliminary final could not be a better opportunity.

We have had:
    - The longer rest
    - No suspensions. Only one injury (McGlynn)
    - Playing at home.

Pies have had:
    - 6 day break
    - hard game
    - Captain suspended.
    - Injury clouds over several key players
    - Emotional interuption with J Mac funeral.
    - Travelling.

Swans players, the only thing stopping you getting to a grand final is yourselves. There are no excuses.

Blog Entries
    3 things I'd like to see which will help us win.

1) Pyke had an ordinary start against the Crows. Needs to make more of a statement.
    2) Jetta needs to fire up the rocket boosters we saw in the 1st 3/4 of the season.
    3) All out attack on the ball. At least once against the crows the ball bounced in front of several swans who stood back waiting for the other to get the ball. Ended up in a Crows haands.

Ditto

And we want it more is the only add. We must want it more than the Pies

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Ditto

And we want it more is the only add. We must want it more than the Pies

Rod_
    That's the thing that sums it up. We must show we want it more - at every ball up, every marking contest, every time the ball is in dispute, our boys have to show that we want it more. Do that, and the rest will take care of itself.

If we can win the centre clearances, we've got it in the bag. Come out hard and fast and the game is ours

We can win this, the boys just need to get that into their heads.

It's their nerves that worry me, there better not be any silly mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyles View Post
    If we can win the centre clearances, we've got it in the bag. Come out hard and fast and the game is ours

That's asking a lot Kyles!!

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyles View Post

I agree that's the big thing! Jolly was completely dominated last week by cox and nic nat, but the pies smashed them in the clearances and that's where the game was won. If we can beat them there, the game can be ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    That's asking a lot Kyles!!
    Mistakes will come from nerves. If they can settle their nerves early they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    3 things I'd like to see which will help us win.

1) Pyke had an ordinary start against the Crows. Needs to make more of a statement.
    Pyke was well beaten by Rutten, but Rutten also thrashed Pavlich the following week. Rutten is in hot form, and matches up well on less mobile big forwards.

I can excuse Pyke for that game, but would want to see a lift this weekend.

Regular in the Side
    Read something of an analysis of our last meeting and the gist of it was - we won clearances and got more of the ball from disputed situations and may have had more inside fiftys too but the thing that journo identified as the clincher was the pies had much better spread and run. Am no analyst meself but thought that made sense. Which brings us back to the old pearler of needing to want it more above everything else. Bring it on!

On the Rookie List
    Pyke was well beaten by Rutten.

I was at the Crows game and watched a number of contests between Mumford/Jacobs and Pyke/Rutten through binoculars and Pyke, on several occasions, was unduly and without reasonable justification manhandled out of contests by Rutten (Crows fans call him "the truck"). Most of these were marking contests and would have been penalised between round 1-23. He did take a couple of good pack marks on the way out of D50 and aided us getting into F50. On the hole it was a very tight congested game and Mummy found it tough to get down to ground level and have his usual influence because there were so many other people there. I did not notice Mummy spending time in F50 when he was not rucking, probably to keep it open.

Round 19 to Round 20 Pies - 7 Days, Swans 6 Days. both had hard games Saints and Blues.

13 days off vs 6 days - take the 13 days....

It is our time to turn the hot pies to cold / frozen pies!

Keep the ball off them and hold them out for the first half.. come home the better and run over the top of them!

Rod_

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast