Thread: The Kennedy Legacy

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Kennedy Legacy

Another JPK story.

Liked this quote:

Jude Bolton was appointed Kennedy's mentor. It was a match made in a World War 2 Japanese fighter pilot training school, like two Kamikazes whose lust for the ball seems to increase their threshold for pain.
    Read more: The Kennedy legacy

Thanks Lucky.

He's just going to worry about the black and white this week.

Talk about priorities.

Love that kid.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can I just say i found it a little odd that John Kennedy Snr wants a Hawks premiership over seeing Joey win one. Now I don't really care either way who he supports, but I personally wouldn't pursue the premiership of my team to deny my family member that sort of success.

For me it would be like if the Roosters were playing Souths in a granny. It would be a bitter pill to swallow (understatement of the year), but I would end up hoping Souths would win for my family members own happiness y'know? Not throwing on scarfs or singing 'Glory, glory to South Sydney', but begrudgingly offering my support.

Am I wrong to see this as valuing the Hawks success over Josh's? Is it wrong of me to even judge him for that? I do know how much he loves the brown and gold though. I take it all back!

Lovely interview anyway :
    John Kennedy Snr

Tough one.

On one hand I'm disgusted that he doesn't want his grandson's team to win. On ther other hand, I love his loyalty (he is certainly no Mel Doyle).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Tough one.

On one hand I'm disgusted that he doesn't want his grandson's team to win. On ther other hand, I love his loyalty (he is certainly no Mel Doyle).
    Yep, tough call indeed Cappy.
    On first reading of the article I thought Kennedy snr was dreadful for not supporting his own grandson, but as I think more about it I can't ever imagine supporting a team playing against the Swans, so I guess I'd end up being just like him in supporting the kid but supporting my team as well. Very tough call.

To be honest, he is in a no win situation if asked. He has an obvious huge lifelong relationship with the Hawks and no doubt would like to keep those bonds, so when asked who he will be cheering for, it's easier to say the Hawks and keep the majority onside.

Deep down I'd be amazed if he actually doesn't want his grandson to win it and has probably confided to Joey that he is 100% behind him and take no notice of the papers...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

If you listen to the interview they casually commented that he was in a win-win situation really and he was the one who indicated he was with the Hawks. It wasn't as they pressed him to say the right thing or didn't give him the 'conflicted heart' option.

I honestly think he is telling the absolute truth. John Kennedy Snr isn't one to beat around the bush; he'll be supporting the Hawks categorically, but also hoping his grandson kills it.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    If you listen to the interview they casually commented that he was in a win-win situation really and he was the one who indicated he was with the Hawks. It wasn't as they pressed him to say the right thing or didn't give him the 'conflicted heart' option.

I honestly think he is telling the absolute truth. John Kennedy Snr isn't one to beat around the bush; he'll be supporting the Hawks categorically, but also hoping his grandson kills it.
    In his shoes that's what I'd do: my team to win, and my boy for the Norm Smith.
    In my shoes I'd do the same: my team to win and JPK for the Norm Smith!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)