Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Swans v Collingwood Prelim Final

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Did the Hey Jude Chant take off, or get heard on the TV??

We started when he was kicking for his first goal.
    Can't say I heard it at the game either!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    It is not only Collingwood supporters that can be ungracious. A Swans fan grabbed the microphone at Central when we got back and sang a silly ditty to lambast Collingwood. Not surprisingly this upset some Collingwood supporters who (appropriately) muttered 'why can't you just enjoy the moment' and then started to cheer on the Hawks whom they expected would be our opponents, correctly as we now know. It was a bit unpleasant for just a moment.
    Unfortunately the no DH rule doesn't apply to supporters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If it did, there wouldn't be many of us left!!

A guy I used to work with saw Joffa being picked up by a stretch limo on Friday - he thought he was seeing things - but it was him. Doing it tough obviously (limo back to his presidential suite at the Intercon no doubt) still reckon the away teams should be put up at the Formula 1 on Liverpool road!!! Or the youth hostel;-)

I am not so sure they are died in the blood supporters. I was heard to tell fellow swannies that I had met my first swannie footy ferals on Fri night. Actually got my six footer friend to sit on other side of new best friend who had an hysterical and foul mouthed DH on the other side of her. You can always tell when they are part time. Referees is the word to give them away. Things appeared to quieten down a bit after the much much smaller female had a bit of a buffer between her and the foul mouthed idiot. My six footer seemed to think the bloke may have been quite a few cents short of a dollar anyway.

However the girls behind us who thought they were at a Justin Beiber concert were a force to be reckoned with. What happened to the polite finger tap and silent whoop whoop I ask.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I am not so sure they are died in the blood supporters. I was heard to tell fellow swannies that I had met my first swannie footy ferals on Fri night. Actually got my six footer friend to sit on other side of new best friend who had an hysterical and foul mouthed DH on the other side of her. You can always tell when they are part time. Referees is the word to give them away. Things appeared to quieten down a bit after the much much smaller female had a bit of a buffer between her and the foul mouthed idiot. My six footer seemed to think the bloke may have been quite a few cents short of a dollar anyway.

However the girls behind us who thought they were at a Justin Beiber concert were a force to be reckoned with. What happened to the polite finger tap and silent whoop whoop I ask.
    When I watched footy in the outer when the Swans were South Melbourne the banter was light hearted, although Carlton supporters always took things more than a bit seriously. These days there is no shortage of boofheads who can't hold their ink, and now that any swear word is acceptable, there is no shortage of dills who love to hear their own voice and attract attention. You can only judge a book by the cover until it opens it's mouth.

If you are at the match just watch the masters at it...Hawthorn supporters. Poor losers and ungracious winners.

If you are at the match just watch the masters at it...Hawthorn supporters. Poor losers and ungracious winners.
    That's music to the ears, just the type of supporters you'd like to beat in a GF....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516