Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mumford MRP??

Joke it was even looked at

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Joke it was even looked at
    yep

I just watched this morning's "game day" and I don't quite understand all the Luke Darcy hate.

He quite clearly said that Mumford should get off (he has). He also said that the process was ridiculous and that the MRP should have assessed the incident on the weekend (they should have). The only thing I heard him report over the weekend is that the MRP were looking at the incident (which they were). Perhaps the only criticism I have is that it wasn't made clear that it was a routine check following the umpire's match report.

I don't mind Darcy. Compared to some of the other commentators (*cough* BT *cough*) he looks like Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    yep
    Stupid it was even raised. Since when is it the case that a player who was injured in a previous match is somehow protected from the normal rigours of footy. Surely the assumption should always be that a player is fit if they choose to start them in the game and therefore unless he was actually striking Dawes such that it would be an offence even if he wasnt injured then there is nothing to even consider.

If this was looked at then so should Krakour for cannonning into Ted Richards after he had injured himself early on friday night

Blog Entries
    Didn't anyone notice how much off the ball work Mumford did around the ground on Friday night.
    Laid several shepherds. Some weren't much but enough to give his team mate an extra step clearance.
    I was very impressed. Will need another sterling effort from him again on Sat.
    Would have been a huge loss. Stupid charge.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Didn't anyone notice how much off the ball work Mumford did around the ground on Friday night.
    Laid several shepherds. Some weren't much but enough to give his team mate an extra step clearance.
    I was very impressed. Will need another sterling effort from him again on Sat.
    Would have been a huge loss. Stupid charge.
    Lets hope he peaks on Saturday. Played on Friday like he is about ready.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    He was making some strong leads late in the game too. Seemed like there was plenty left in the tank.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Very fit big man, rated highly at the cattery for endurance.

He should give some of that mongrel and vigour to Sam Reid. He seemed a bit hesitant on the replay.

Regular in the Side

Mumford MRP??

Big relief. We will need Mumford playing well to win. But really the MRP would have lost all credibility if this had got up. Every commentator said there was nothing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I don't mind Darcy. Compared to some of the other commentators (*cough* BT *cough*) he looks like Socrates.
    There is something growing in the back of my fridge that looks like Martin Heidegger compared to BT.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    He should give some of that mongrel and vigour to Sam Reid. He seemed a bit hesitant on the replay.
    Let's hope he was just saving himself for this week..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Stupid it was even raised.

[snip]

If this was looked at then so should Krakour for cannonning into Ted Richards after he had injured himself early on friday night
    Apparently because Daws appealed to the umpire he was obliged to mention it in his match report (standard process). Then the MRP are obliged to assess it. Fair enough - they consider the whole of every game anyway. Reporting was sensationalized, but what do you expect?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast