Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mumford MRP??

Veterans List

Mumford MRP??

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...6/default.aspx

STAR Sydney Swans ruckman Shane Mumford faces an anxious wait ahead of the Grand Final with reports he is being investigated for misconduct during Friday night's preliminary final against Collingwood.

AFL.com.au's
    Luke Darcy told Channel Seven that Mumford was being investigated by the AFL for alleged misconduct against Pies forward Chris Dawes.

I wonder what the incident was. Cant remember seeing anything untoward at the ground. please let it be Darcy just trying to get into the news over nothing.... the loss of Mumford would be a huge blow!

Oh damn.

It was clear that Dawes complained to the ump at the time. It was when a Pie (Cloke?) was having a set shot from a long angle and Mummy and Dawes were jostling behind the goal line, as you do. Dawes was obviously telling the umpire that Mumford had 'tested out' his knee.

EDIT. It was at our cheersquad end, so 2nd quarter from memory.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Darcy seems to be the only source on this. I'm waiting for somebody official to confirm it before panicking.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Sounds strange and out of character.
    In any case, Dawes was fit enough to play and didn't appear to suffer any further injury during the game, so what's going on? It's not as if it (whatever it was) could be in the same category as the despicable attack on N Riewoldt by B Scott and M Michael.
    Wait and see, I guess.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It wouldn't be a proper Swans Grand Final week without a trip to the tribunal.

That is the official AFL site so must have some credence to the story.

But there is a pretty clear distinction between interfering with an injured player (while they are being treated) and just testing someone out who has crossed the line injured and declared they are fit to play.

Pretty long bow to draw unless you can see Mumford standing there kicking or hitting the knee directly which I would find stange.

DST

Warming the Bench

Mumford MRP??

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    That is the official AFL site so must have some credence to the story.

But there is a pretty clear distinction between interfering with an injured player (while they are being treated) and just testing someone out who has crossed the line injured and declared they are fit to play.

Pretty long bow to draw unless you can see Mumford standing there kicking or hitting the knee directly which I would find stange.

DST
    As soon as a player crosses the line he should be declared fit and only really malignant acts should be looked at

I find Darcy one of the more annoying commentators.

He has a long list of cliches and preconceived notions that he spouts out....

Linking them together with that unnecessary, overused word he loves.....MASSIVE.

He's just cottoned onto this story and thrown it out there with no knowledge of the supposed incident.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Mumford MRP??

Crock of @@@@.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side
    sling tackle in the 3rd quarter?

Regular in the Side
    Just read the link, if a player comes into a game with a injury he is considered fit. My understanding is you can only be charged with interfering with an injured player if that injury happens during the game. He should be alright I think.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast