Thread: Grand Final Week - The Road to Glory

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grand Final Week - The Road to Glory

I love Grand Final week. The anticipation builds, the butterflies move in permanently and you find yourself forgetting then remembering "OMG we're in the Grand Final".

I've already started my preparations by pulling out the 2003 Elim against Port Adelaide.
    A young Horse in the box with Roos, LRT up forward, Jude at the bottom of the pack and Goodes floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee in the ruck.

THIS IS GREATNESS!

Soak it up Red and White people.

Blog Entries

Re: Grand Final Week - The Road to Glory

I may as well fill in my timesheet first thing monday morning. It will be the only thing I achieve at work all week.

Call me a one-eyed Swans supporter, but no-one on AFL Game Day have us in with a chance which is quite surprising. Hawthorn don't exactly have an amazing record against us, and the main things in their corner would be more recent GF experience and a lot more MCG experience. But we've broken a few hoodoos already, what's to say that we won't break another?

Re: Grand Final Week - The Road to Glory

I'm hoping they write us off. I'm hoping all of Melbourne has the Hawks across the line. All the pressure will be on them and when the Swans come at them at a 100 mile an hour they'll tighten up and they'll be ripe for the picking.

Bring in the underdog status I say.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm hoping they write us off. I'm hoping all of Melbourne has the Hawks across the line. All the pressure will be on them and when the Swans come at them at a 100 mile an hour they'll tighten up and they'll be ripe for the picking.

Spot on. Of course the Hawks will be massive favourites, but with that comes the pressure to perform. And they nearly choked last night - and we are a better team than Adelaide, so if they do that again, we will beat them. Meanwhile, we will just get on with our preparation, ready to hit them like a runaway freight train!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

All the experts in the Sun today tipped the hawks to win.