Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Hawthorn - THE GRAND FINAL (Let's discuss!)

@@@@ @@@@ing nervous, just quietly.

Arrrrrrggghh please win please

there is already a fair bit of red and white lining collins street for a pretty wet GF parade.

Sydney v Hawthorn - THE GRAND FINAL (Let's discuss!)

I'd head out there but my shoes are about to soak through! Taking refuge nearby at Starbucks

The nerves are really starting to build up for me now.... and I'm still 20 hours away from landing into Melbourne and a 1/2 day of work to go. A filthy day here in Canberra however, lots of thunder around to shake things up, which must be a good omen for tomorrow!

All I can say now is - bring it on, the hunt for a Red and White September will finish tomorrow - one way or another!

It has been a sensational year, full of lots of great performances and highs. Our team has taken the next step - from perennial finals pests to genuine Premiership challengers. We are good enough to take the final step tomorrow and put a mighty awesome red and white topping on a wonderful season!!

Get in there boys, get at 'em - give it your all and we'll help you bring home the Cup!!! No matter the result, we will be so proud of what you have achieved this year.

CARN YOU MIGHTY BLOODS - SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY!!!

#BELIEVE - SWANS 2012!!!

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    You forgot to mention we are playing on the Hawks home ground!
    Well, Hawks did finish higher than Swans on the ladder....

Just hope we come out with all the excitement of Freo against Geelong.
    Realistically, it'll be a tough cold day. It'll require tough but cool heads, can't afford many turnovers; disposals must be accurate.

Goes up to 11
    Surely the Hawks have gotta be feeling the pressure more than us right now, and if the weather's bad, that would make them more nervous. Although they have their share of tough nuts, our inside game has been so switched on and hard lately that the weather must be advantageous to us. I hope the Hawks are thinking like this too!

Whatever happens, I expect us to play our fantastic brand of tough, team footy, and I reckon we can shake down all that thunder tomorrow arvo.......

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I changed my "location" from "post-premiership happyland" at the end of last year, I'd love to change it back again.
    Go Bloods
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Just arrived home after deserting the family on the Sunshine Coast. Fortunately, I have their blessing.

Bit cold and wet down here but I think that plays to our advantage. Nervous. Excited. And, quietly confident.

Glad we are going into the game with no changes.

Veterans List
    Back from the Grand Final Parade. Great atmosphere. A number of beverages at the nearby Imperial Hotel that was pretty full. Just helps one realise that we are playing the big one tomorrow. It is a great feeling rubbing shoulders with Swans and Hawthorn fans and knowing you are one of two sides that have made it. A silent rude finger sign to the other 16 sides. Melbourne is a buzz with Grand Final fever. A great sense of happiness is the best way I can describe it.

McVeigh to captain the Swans in the Grand Final.

A man of unbelievable strength of will.

I cannot believe I tortured myself and watched the channel seven replay of the 2005 Granny. I got palpitations in the last ten minutes! I know we won! Our unsungs were brilliant.

I am taking rescue medicine with me to the Alex, plus ventalin, and possibly panadol. Got a new Red thingy to wear. Not that I need it, it just looked so......RED !!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast