Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Hawthorn - THE GRAND FINAL (Let's discuss!)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    We used to be a good wet weather team, but we were 'orrible in all those rainy games at the SCG in 2011. On the other hand we do have arguably the greatest wet weather footy player in the AFL on our team and about to play his 301st game.
    If it is wet, I'm going to have a few spare $$$ on Bolton to win the Norm Smith. The guy is a machine when the going gets tough in the wet!

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Grand Final week goes so fast, and you want to read every article, every journos opinion and perspective, gather your own thoughts, talk to to the avid check out chick (mature) at West Pennant Hills Coles about the game and be staggered by how much she knows about Horse and Jetta and the Swans culture - and she's a Rugby League supporter! In no time at all the ball is being bounced for the start of the first quarter and we just hope it will go our way, and thousands of Hawks fans will be hoping it goes the other.
    It's a fantastic week to be a fan when your team has made it all the way to the Granny, where 16 other teams would love to be.
    The final words from the check out Granny "Win or lose the Granny, you have to be mighty proud of The Swans and what they have achieved in 2012".
    HP

Veterans List
    Forecast is rain on Thursday, rain clearing Friday (hope it doesn't rain on the parade) and a few showers on Saturday. That is BOM speak in Melbourne which means little or no rain. They always have a bob each on showers in Melbourne. Looks like being rather chilly with a top of 15. Rug up. Then again it could be 20 degrees.

Blog Entries
    2 Finals each. for 2 wins. Same teams. Different stakes.

Hawks v
    Pies 135 97
    Crows 97 92
    Total 232 189

Swans v
    Crows 71 42
    Pies 96 70
    Total 167 112

Diff 65 77

Analysis.
    They score more, but we save more.
    We save more than they score
    Defence wins Premierships!!

Game over!!

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    I'm probably really annoying with my questions in every thread but I am DESPERATE to get a ticket and I need a reply on this soon.

Basically I want to know, because there have been mixed messages about this, if I am able to get in with a ticket that has been bought using someone else's membership????

PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    I'm probably really annoying with my questions in every thread but I am DESPERATE to get a ticket and I need a reply on this soon.

Basically I want to know, because there have been mixed messages about this, if I am able to get in with a ticket that has been bought using someone else's membership????

PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!
    Yes. I gave my barcode up in 2005 or 2006 and that person got in.
    As long as you have a valid ticket. No one will care whose membership bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yes. I gave my barcode up in 2005 or 2006 and that person got in.
    As long as you have a valid ticket. No one will care whose membership bought it.
    Thank you soooo sooo much!!!!

Are the Swans in really good form or were the Pies soft in the prelim? Didn't feel like the game had the same sort of intensity that the Crows/Hawks game did. And I don't know if that's just because the Bloods have lifted another level or because the opposition didn't bring it (for whatever reason - exhaustion/didn't rate us/didn't care).

Hawks were caught napping and I doubt they'll be so complacent in the GF.

I've conceded to the fact that I won't get a ticket to the game, so instead am going to watch at Fed Square. Hope to see some other Swans supporters there and not be outnumbered completely! But am hoping even more that I will have a reason to stick around to 6pm for the presentation of the premiership cup. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, I think if our forwards can get their hands on the ball and actually KICK STRAIGHT, then we will win, regardless of how fired up the hawks are, because I have complete faith in our defensive unit. And the midfield of both sides, while very different, add about the same to either team and I also have faith that our mids will do their job to their usual great standard.
    So basically, I believe the game will be won or lost in our forward line. Sam Reid, etc I am talking to you.

Exclamation

My guess it that it will come down to:

1. a contentious umpiring decision
    2. a poster
    3. a touched ball on the goal line
    4. a desperate tackle in the dying seconds
    5. a strange bounce of the ball

I think this game is too close to call and the loser will definitely feel hard done by for one reason or another...............................

UNLESS WE JUST SMASH 'EM!

On the Rookie List
    Just reading this thread is making me anxious
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Sam has a big opportunity come Saturday to stand up and be counted. Schoenmakers has struggled against a few forwards of late. If Sam gets his crap together early and kicks straight i will pencil him in for 4. Especially if Morton and LRT take the other defenders off him.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast