Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final umpires announced

Grand Final umpires announced

CHELSEA Roffey will goal umpire the AFL Grand Final, becoming the first female to officiate the AFL season decider.

Roffey and Luke Walker were chosen as the flag wavers, while the field umpires will be Brett Rosebury, Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith.

Jonathan Creasey, Robert Haala, Mark Foster and Ian Burrows will run the boundary.

Would anyone off the top of their head know which of these umpires are of the ilk of Razor Ray and are anti-Sydney?

Same umpires as last Friday night.

I know it's easier to like when you have a comfortable win, but I thought they had a pretty good game the other night and there were very few complaints that I could see either way. I think we were lucky to get the HTB on Pendles early and it looked like LRT pushed Reid in the back before marking (and missing).

Apart from that, no real gifts...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Meredith is a shocker. Chelsea made one brilliant decision and one howler last weekend. Good on her for getting the gig though!

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    All except Robert Haala officiated our prelim

Pleased that we had most of the same umpires as last week, we should get a consistent approach / decision process this week...!
    (Well I did try to be positive...)

We can hope that they do not try to put the mark on the game.

Consistency is all I want! (No pet rule of the week either..)

No silly decisions to change the game tempo or the Swans run when we are up and about!

Rod_

Our umps last week were great I thought. There was a very low free kick count in comparison to the game the next day. Hopefully that bodes well for Saturday.

I thought the umpiring was terrific on Friday with very logical and sensible calls and for a very pleasant change they seemed quite happy to be an accessory to the show and not the stars.

For the record I thought Chelsea's touched call was very good, she was in the right spot and called it with no hesitation.

Of course I probably would not think that if we had lost by one point!

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Our umps last week were great I thought. There was a very low free kick count in comparison to the game the next day. Hopefully that bodes well for Saturday.
    I'll second that. They did an excellent job except for smoochers goal.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I thought they were unobtrusive - which is ideal as far as I'm concerned.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Grand Final umpires announced

Yeah Smooch's non-goal was the only issue, but the goal ump should go with their gut. Good use of video review re: Coll's point but otherwise not bad at all really

I said it over the last couple of days that I was hoping we would get the same umps as Friday night. They were, IMHO, excellent. The Hawks game had some very iffy decisions that virtually all went the Hawks way.

As for Chelsea, well done to her. She thought the one off the knee was below the knee but asked for the referral which had conclusive vision. For the Smith kick, she was in perfect position and no vision I have seen of it has been conclusive, which means there would have been no overturning of the decision, so the behind would have stood even if referred.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I thought the umps did well on Friday night, and I'm glad we've got most of them again on Saturday

I thought the game was allowed to flow, with clear HTB calls given but without ridiculous 50/50 calls being made - the umpires urred on the side of caution, as they should. I want the 44 players to decide who wins the flag, not the few officials.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast