Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How good are we in the wet?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

How good are we in the wet?

Grand Final forecast: Partly cloudy. Scattered showers. Possible hail and thunder.

So it's likely to be wet enough to make a difference. What has our record been like in the wet as opposed to Hawthorn's?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I think the wet will suit Hawthorn unfortunately. Though I remember Jude's manic performance in the wet last year and I am heartened.

Either way, it will make the contest closer and more fierce in my opinion.

Veterans List
    Historically - awful
    This year - pretty good.

And I heard this morning that the odds on Jude for the NS shorten with every forecast.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Historically - awful
    This year - pretty good.

And I heard this morning that the odds on Jude for the NS shorten with every forecast.
    Spot on !! I believe there is a myth about wet weather footy , though : a good team is a good team and can play well , irrespective of the weather.
    Here's a song about the weather : KNOCK ON WOOD "Amii Stewart" - YouTube

Here's another one:-

Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List TakeTheSaucepan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Here's another one:-
    I hear this is Lance Franklin's favourite song!

We are shocking in the wet. If it is wet we are in serious trouble. Looks like only light rain though

double vodka lemon pls

The Wet and how smart is our club!!!

Firstly GO SWANS..
    But secondly I think we will be fine in the wet....why...because the club knew before the season even started we would be playing in the wet come September. Anyone else found the Membership Ponchos we were all given at the beggining of the season. So not only are the players going to be RED hot...so are the fans and We will be dry also!

Who do you all think will be our BOG?
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Apparently the rain is forecast for the morning and there will only be light showers in the afternoon, but still thunder (which seems odd because Friday is also cooler with rain). But who knows if the bureau even has a clue what it's talking about. Their track record leaves a lot to be desired.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woo View Post
    Firstly GO SWANS..
    But secondly I think we will be fine in the wet....why...because the club knew before the season even started we would be playing in the wet come September. Anyone else found the Membership Ponchos we were all given at the beggining of the season. So not only are the players going to be RED hot...so are the fans and We will be dry also!

Who do you all think will be our BOG?
    It was very clever of them to schedule rain nearly every day during the pre season, perhaps that has helped us this year as opposed to previous years.

I worry about Jetta in the wet. I remember last year he was useless in the rain (which was a lot in 2011).

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    It was very clever of them to schedule rain nearly every day during the pre season, perhaps that has helped us this year as opposed to previous years.

I worry about Jetta in the wet. I remember last year he was useless in the rain (which was a lot in 2011).
    Couldn't agree less about Jetta. Certainly it won't help him if the game becomes even more congested than normal, but once out in space, I suspect his wet weather skills are as good as anyone's in the team. I went to Adelaide last year for that dreadful, soggy loss and Jetta's handling of the ball stood out.

The WA vs SA game in the year before he got drafted, which was the game when everyone sat up and started really taking notice of him, was in heavy conditions too. There is a quote in one of today's papers from Scott Watters, taking about how Jetta just glided along on top of the ground during that game.

I would prefer it isn't wet but I think we have improved significantly as a wet weather team over the last two seasons. We did get rather a lot of practice last year.

Senior Player
    Jetta honestly springs to mind as a wet weather player. I'm sure I remember him saying reckons he goes fast in the wet. And raw pace and sure footedness is a big deal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast