Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 98% chance we will make another grand final within 4 years.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar

98% chance we will make another grand final within 4 years.

Throughout history every premier bar 2 has made a 2nd gf within either the 4 years before or after.

Considering we havent made on in thr last few years we are pretty mivh guaranteed of making another before 2016.

Lots to look forward to.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

98% chance we will make another grand final within 4 years.

Yep a good chance we'll make next year

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We will start favourites next year; burden or inspiration?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    We will start favourites next year; burden or inspiration?
    Saw the odds yesterday on Foxtel - funnily enough Hawthorn were already listed as favourites for the flag next year.

On the Rookie List SwanSational's Avatar
    I sure hope so. I wasn't able to be there yesterday; so I'd love to get the opportunity to witness a Swans premiership in person sooner rather than later.
    2012 - The Year Of The SWAN!

I didn't think we would even make the grannie this y ear. I always expected it to be next year. Pre empting myself?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Who knows about the future, but lets reflect on the past we came from. I found this searching for an old article about Goodes.

In Defence of Adam Goodes

23rd April 2002
    http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/fea...vidm020423.php

I would argue that we are yet to see the best of Adam Goodes. It should be remembered that he has only recently turned 22 and has the ability to become an amazing player. He should play his 100th game next year, and he definitely has the capacity to join the 200 Club. It would be foolish to trade such a talented player for an unproven midfielder or a speculative draft pick. The draft is littered with midfielders, but genuinely talented big men are a rarity.
    I will be a member again when I return.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I didn't think we would even make the grannie this y ear. I always expected it to be next year. Pre empting myself?
    You're not alone there, I thought our group was building towards a GF appearance or two over the next few years but didn't think we'd get one this year (let alone win it!). Short of the usual, mindless fan "we'll do it the year!".

How are the dawks favourites? We just beat them for the premiership FFS. Anyway next year with gazza in the side we are gonna look sweet!
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Have the swans ever been favourite to win the premiership? Not that I can recall. Not even anytime in late 2005 or 2006. But who cares. Most punters don't rate interstate clubs. I noticed the blues are shorter priced than freo next year. Go figure!

I'm waiting for the pundits to start their annual 'Sydney is bound to drop out of the top eight this year' drivel, myself. It's been a whole day!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    How are the dawks favourites? We just beat them for the premiership FFS. Anyway next year with gazza in the side we are gonna look sweet!
    I wouldnt expect too much of Gazza next year. All the players who have suffered what he has say that it will take more than a year to recover once he starts playing again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast