Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gracious Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Agreed. Crows at Footy Park No.1 for dickhead fans.

Hawks fans were OK for me on Saturday but when they beat us in Sydney this year, I did not have the same experience.
    I got some strange looks in my swans gear when my dad and I went to Waverley Park after the GF Parade on Friday but no ugly comments and then we spotted the hawks do a light training session. Overall the Hawk fans i spotted were okay. I think they got some dodgy calls throughout the game but it didn't affect the result - Buddy can't kick a set shot is one of the real reasons they lost.

The last time (against Collingwood) at Homebush I came across some feral dickheaded Swans fans. Mind you, that was the first time in many years, and I am not convinced they were Real Fans. But we all have them.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The last time (against Collingwood) at Homebush I came across some feral dickheaded Swans fans. Mind you, that was the first time in many years, and I am not convinced they were Real Fans. But we all have them.
    No! Bite your tongue and wash your mouth out with soap.

A Brit once said to me that Australians are good losers but bad winners (this was at the time when our cricket team was towelling everybody). I think it describes AFL fans pretty well. The arrogant gloaters are more numerous and more annoying than the bad losers. You get them in every club, but they tend to be more at the bigger clubs.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I have to say Clarko has been outstanding since the loss and his speech about perspective and tragedy was brilliant. Kudos...
    I would disagree with the putting it in perspective. That's fine for the conversation with the players to help them deal with the loss. I thought using it in the public domain as a deflection was awful. He should be prepared to wear the full brunt of losing same as he would bask in the full glory of winning if he'd got the chance. Nobody was saying before the game "It's not life or death, blah, blah, blah..." We all know that. Using it to play down the defeat was in poor taste, in my opinion, though I doubt he really thought it through.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    I would disagree with the putting it in perspective. That's fine for the conversation with the players to help them deal with the loss. I thought using it in the public domain as a deflection was awful. He should be prepared to wear the full brunt of losing same as he would bask in the full glory of winning if he'd got the chance. Nobody was saying before the game "It's not life or death, blah, blah, blah..." We all know that. Using it to play down the defeat was in poor taste, in my opinion, though I doubt he really thought it through.
    Agree to disagree...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Crows are waaaay worse at AAMI! Disgusting mob
    Same could be said for Wet Toaster's fans. Coming out of the 2005 Qualifying final at Subiaco with my father-in-law after Swans lost by 4 pts, was abused and heckled, even had a young girl (no more than about 12 or 13) walk past and give us the one fingered salute. Bet Mummy was proud of her.

In saying that, I've had a few Hawks supporters on facebook and at work who have said congratulations and well played Swans. I think most of them are better losers than other clubs.
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123