Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to from here, looking ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    "The one thing I haven't done is go back to back, so we look forward to doing that next year.''
    I think I shouted embarrassingly loudly in agreement when St Adam said this at the SCG today.

Well rohan and mcglynn are handy changes for a start. Who else can we recycle?

Senior Player
    Should we be looking at the free agency market and trying to grab a couple of players? Dunn could be a good player in a decent side I suspect.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Should we be looking at the free agency market and trying to grab a couple of players? Dunn could be a good player in a decent side I suspect.
    Lazy,lazy footballer. Even the Swans couldn't convert this bloke into a disciplined hard running footballer.

Pyke and Mummy are lock ins for a few years yet. Maybe develop a young ruckman in that area, although our policy in recent years is to not draft ruckmen.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Lazy,lazy footballer. Even the Swans couldn't convert this bloke into a disciplined hard running footballer.

Pyke and Mummy are lock ins for a few years yet. Maybe develop a young ruckman in that area, although our policy in recent years is to not draft ruckmen.
    A lot of people would have said that about morton aswell but i agree he is not worth the risk.

The Swans really don't have any glaring weaknesses. We just need Reid to develop to his potential. The free agents on offer, with the exception of the high priced ones like Goddard, are no better than ones we have playing in our reserves. I don't think the likes of Dunn or Mathew Bate offer any more than Drey or Spangher, for instance. The only one I would think that could add something to our side is Daniel Pearce of PA. He's a sort of a left footed Jetts. He would play a Malceski type role. But if we already have Mal, then why get Pearce.

I would give this free agency a pass. Hopefully we can find some hidden gems in the draft, because we certainly won't have any high picks. That's the downside of winning the big one.

The bad thing about Free agency is that the AFL just hands out draft picks as compensation, pushing sides that don't offload players further down the draft order. How lucky WCE will be to get rid of Q. Lynch for probably a 2nd round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I think Jude wants to play on also - you don't keep saying "I've still got the fire in the belly" if you want to retire.
    Tadhg often said he wanted to play on throught the season when he retired.

Goes up to 11
    I don't see too many list changes apart from the few we are required to cut. I don't want to lose any of the boys that did it for us yesterday, nor the emergencies, not the injured boys, nor the up and coming youngsters. I love em all and hope we have as few changes to our list next year as possible.

Swans take it one game at a time and so do I.

Two words - Gary Rohan.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I don't see too many list changes apart from the few we are required to cut. I don't want to lose any of the boys that did it for us yesterday, nor the emergencies, not the injured boys, nor the up and coming youngsters. I love em all and hope we have as few changes to our list next year as possible.
    +1. I find it hard to fault our current stocks. I don't think I'm speaking too optimistically in saying that our current premiership team will continue, bolstered with our admirable fringe (Armstrong, Walsh, Drej) and prospects (Mitchell, Heath, Lamb etc). With any premiership it's inevitable to be looking with rose-coloured glasses but I'd say the future is looking good.
    Last edited by bondy; 1st October 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: spelling

I'm looking forward to getting Rohan back into this team and also seeing Mitchell play a few regular senior games. I think we will trade White and Moore will go or retire.

Where to from here, looking ahead.

I think Seaby's number is up unfortunately

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast