Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to from here, looking ahead.

I think Seaby is a very capable player, but he's in that no-man's-land between being too good for reserves and not good enough to be a regular in the seniors. For his own sake, a trade would be a good move.

Regular in the Side
    Heard on SEN this morning rumours re Kirt Tippert to Swans.

Senior Player

Re: Where to from here, looking ahead.

I would support this.

Warming the Bench
    i don't think any seniors will retire.some good recruits in twos,including a fresh gary rohan.4 or 5 from twos can be released to make way for more youngsters.seaby,white,moore,meredith all surplus to requiements.not forgetting our usa rookie,hope he turns out like pykey
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

We should try and keep all our depth players. Look at carlton's injuries this year. IMO i'd keep whitey, seaby, moore has been a brilliant servant for the club and in the reserves and their would be no point in moving him on. Im not too sure about tippett though, he's had a quite a few concussions and he obviously wants a big paycheck because he certainly wanted to leave because he was homesick but now apparently we are in the box seat? Rohan, Tippett, Goodes, Ried, Mcglynn/Morton forward line? Yes please! I think once jude retires we have a ready made replacement in my boy Parker. He even has more avenues to goal it seems so he would fit in just perfect. Im worried about our defense and forward stocks as alot of them are ageing and we will have to trade for ready made 24-26yo to fill the gap immediately.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Senior Player
    Thinking realistically about what it would take to get Tippett across, I think a Grundy straight swap would fill needs for the Crows and while it might be tempting fate to mess with our back 6, returning LRT to defence in his place would be an option and you have to give something to get something. Plus Reg is an SA boy anyway.

Only problem is Reg is in the age bracket where he's going to be around a couple years longer than the rest of our backs.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Thinking realistically about what it would take to get Tippett across, I think a Grundy straight swap would fill needs for the Crows and while it might be tempting fate to mess with our back 6, returning LRT to defence in his place would be an option and you have to give something to get something. Plus Reg is an SA boy anyway.

Only problem is Reg is in the age bracket where he's going to be around a couple years longer than the rest of our backs.
    I doubt Reg would want to leave after just winning the granny though. Wouldn't mind the swap though.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Regular in the Side
    yeah just heard the tippet to swans rumour.....interesting....do we need him, big bodied FF...Reid will be that mobile CHF..
    the ? is does tippet work hard enough...can tommy walsh make the grade as a dominate FF...it is probably the one area we lack i reckon...but as long as we dont make them a continual target into our forward line. our strength is our spreAD OF GOAL KICKERS PER GAME...

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Heard on SEN this morning rumours re Kirt Tippert to Swans.
    This has grown legs as the days gone on. Crows BF board is in meltdown. Word is a straight swap for Reg.

Hmmm.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

Recently crowned premiers the Sydney Swans shape as a potential destination for Tippett.

"The Gold Coast Suns thought they were home but we believe there is interest from the Sydney Swans and another club that could make this much like Mitch Clark last year," Hutchinson said.

The Swans "approached [Tippett's] management sometime before the Grand Final", according to Barrett.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Let's leave this for a week
    Or two - let them celebrate and then when the euphoria dies down then surmise as to who will and who won't. The lads are still plastered from partying last night!????
    Yeah I agree, lets just soak up the unbelievable achievement this year and in a few weeks start thinking about next year. I was quite surprised to hear that the trade period starts today, wouldn't the AFL at least give it a week so everyone, especially swans fans , can take a breather?

Where to from here, looking ahead.

It would be really sad to see Reg go after winning a flag with us. Particularly for a player who is inconsistent and would only come to our club for money ( which I find surprising that we would have the money to pay him more than Brissy or GC, and if we did then I would be equally surprised we would be willing to pay him that much). It just doesn't seem to fit in with our philosophy and culture. Surely Reg wouldn't want to leave, if he did than that would be a different story.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast