Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where to from here, looking ahead.

I'd imagine TDL, Seaby and Moore will go.
    Also this Tippet for Reg deal seems suss. I don't know how we can afford him and keep our other star players.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    This has grown legs as the days gone on. Crows BF board is in meltdown. Word is a straight swap for Reg.
    I would be happy with this deal. Grundy is our best trade option. There are lots of teams that need a key defender. I went off the Grundy bandwagon quite some time ago - there have been many games where I actually thought he was a liability.

I doubt Adelaide would be happy for a straight swap, but even if that falls through I hope the Swans test the market to see if a Grundy trade would yield some benefit to our 2013 team.

Re: Where to from here, looking ahead.

Would love Tippett at the club. Would make the Premiers (don't you just love saying that) even stronger. We would have to offer something reasonable to make it happen and while you don't like to move premiership players on you still need to be constantly planning for the future.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I don't see how we could afford Tippett, and I'm not sure we have enough in the way of key defenders to let Grundy go. Didn't Tippett want to leave at least partly for family reasons?

Some wag on BF made the point that "Mr.multiple concussions Tippett" probably wouldn't survive the year with the "Bloods Culture."

Regular in the Side
    what about Moloney....the only reason i suggest him is all dependant on what Jude does...if Jude decides go out on a high and with our window open for a few more years and hard bodied inside player as a replacemnt for jude to go through this same period...
    i dont know enough about him..but throwing it out there...

I doubt if it would happen, but a Tippett for Grundy trade would be perfect for us. We would go from a weak to a powerful forward line overnight. I like Grundy, but we can easily cover him. LRT goes back and we are fine for another 3 years. We have Spangher as a KPP backup, and up and coming tall defenders in Lockyer, Brown and Lynch. So we would have all the bases covered and not have to worry about trying to draft another key forward. Also would allow us to trade White. I think we could get a reasonably good draft pick for him (or trade up).

We can trade or delist White, TDL, Meredith, Moore, Seaby and Lamb and use the draft to build even a stronger team for the long term.

RE: Tippett

The kind of money being talked about is crazy. 800 - 850k a year. I think that's more than Cloke's getting. Can't see how anything close to that would fit in with the Swans.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bondy View Post
    +1. I find it hard to fault our current stocks. I don't think I'm speaking too optimistically in saying that our current premiership team will continue, bolstered with our admirable fringe (Armstrong, Walsh, Drej) and prospects (Mitchell, Heath, Lamb etc). With any premiership it's inevitable to be looking with rose-coloured glasses but I'd say the future is looking good.
    Add the forgotten Lockyer and Alex Brown.

Way too big of a risk to pay that sort of money. I don't think that I would even go over 500k - without a performance scheme.

Veterans List
    Campbell Heath was promoted to the senior list with a few games left in the season. Perhaps, just perhaps he wants to come back to Victoria for further opportunities, so an upgrade to senior status gives us trading power. If he is a rookie I am sure we have no say in what he wants to do.

I would be very surprised if Reg wants to leave regardless of his rave status with supporters. He was pretty good in the GF. Yep he has his brain fades like all players, but we tend to gloss over errors by the top players. Gee a couple of years ago Ted was a Nervous Nelly in defence.

Where to from here, looking ahead.

Not sure about getting rid of Lamb Ludwig, apparently he was very, very good in the last third or so of the reserves season. Ressies watchers expressed genuine excitement about his future with us. And he's still only 19 or 20 isn't he ?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast