Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where to from here, looking ahead.

Goes up to 11
    I call baloney on the rumour - maybe we enquired about Tippett, but I don't see why we'd want to trade Grundy. I reckon his name only came up as he's our highest profile South Australian (I think)....

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not sure about getting rid of Lamb Ludwig, apparently he was very, very good in the last third or so of the reserves season. Ressies watchers expressed genuine excitement about his future with us. And he's still only 19 or 20 isn't he ?
    Spot on MB. While I was disappointed with the start of his year he showed all and sundry what a tremendous upside he will bring to the side. This Preseason will be huge for Chops.

Anyone mentioned Mitchell yet?? I'm salivating at the thought of the next few years. Premiers 2012 and a massive chance for others in the future.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Some wag on BF made the point that "Mr.multiple concussions Tippett" probably wouldn't survive the year with the "Bloods Culture."
    That would be me actually!

Get Tippett (he plays all year with no dramas, ie:without his head falling off) = Back to Back Baby!!!!!!

Veterans List
    If you read between the lines on the question on Tippett by Mike Sheahan to Longmire, on OTC, you would have to say we are making a big play for him. Horse just gave a wry grin and said something like he is back in the office tomorrow.

Veterans List
    Essendon get Goddard for free because of free agency but we don't have the currency to get Tippet who is not a free agent. Don't know how we could land him.

I just get the feeling Jude may pull the pin, great way to exit, 300 games and a flag in your last game.

We have three excitement machines ready to step up (injuries permitting he says with fingers crossed) Rohan, Mitchell and Lamb so the immediate future looks ok but with major retirements looming in the next 2-3 years we need to find some more class players in the next couple of drafts, not easy to do when you've only got picks 22, 42 etc.
    Last edited by 707; 1st October 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    That would be me actually!
    I laughed.
    Last edited by aardvark; 1st October 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    but we don't have the currency to get Tippet who is not a free agent. Don't know how we could land him.
    You should have watched horses reaction On The Couch when asked that very question. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the rumors about us chasing Tippett are true. I'd be surprised if we traded Grundy though.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    You should have watched horses reaction On The Couch when asked that very question. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the rumors about us chasing Tippett are true. I'd be surprised if we traded Grundy though.

Whoops...got that wrong!!

Crows sweat on Tippett decision | AFL | Fox Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not sure about getting rid of Lamb Ludwig, apparently he was very, very good in the last third or so of the reserves season. Ressies watchers expressed genuine excitement about his future with us. And he's still only 19 or 20 isn't he ?
    No way is Lamb going anywhere. The guy struggled with injuries big time this year, but seemed to find his feet late on this season in the reserves. Has something about him, and with a good pre-season under his belt will really push on next season and hopefully challenge hard for a place in the top 22.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    No way is Lamb going anywhere. The guy struggled with injuries big time this year, but seemed to find his feet late on this season in the reserves. Has something about him, and with a good pre-season under his belt will really push on next season and hopefully challenge hard for a place in the top 22.
    I think Lamb is a very good prospect as well. I only mentioned the possibility of him being involved in a trade because his name popped up in one of threads that he wanted to go back to Melbourne, but I have no idea if there is any truth to that. But it's not all that far fetched.

The reality is that he may find it difficult getting many games next year. If you take the GF squad, then add Rowan and McGlynn, that's 2 ahead of him already. I would also think that Mitchell and Armstrong are also ahead of him. He is probably in competition for fifth in line with Nipper and Cunningham. Or fourth if Jude retires. So his chances may depend a lot on injuries. It's just a testament to our midfield depth.

What happens if we have a healthy run next year, Mitchell is burning up the ressies, but can't get a game and Parker's jockeying between the reserves and the green vest? Do the numbers. It could very well happen.

Maybe Lamb will have a blinder of a pre season and jump the queue. But if he finds himself languishing in the 2nds for lack of spots, we may find that we lose him anyway. This was how we got Joey and McGlynn. Now we are the team with the midfield that's nearly impossible to break into.

Problems! Problems!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where to from here, looking ahead.

Mitchell is injured. They are being patient.
    Gordon won't be on the list. Cunningham is ok but still work to be done.
    Jed is showing his class. Hope he stays. Is going to be a gun and we will shortly lose ROK, Jude, etc

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast