Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to from here, looking ahead.

Regular in the Side

What future for ???

I know we're happy, and it may be a bit early to start this, but...what is left in the tank for Jude, Mattner, ROK, Shaw...even Goodes? Can they give us none, one, two or 3 years?

I wouldn't be suprised if Jude retired. I reckon ROK will play another one and Goodes, Mattner and Shaw probably have another 2 in them.

Jude: A bit of talk and denials that he will need surgery for his knee if he wants to play. At 301 games and a premiership, it would be the right time to go out the champion that he is. We need to make room for Parker and Mitchell.

Goodes: Hopefully he can recover from his PCL tear without surgery. He would be the perfect permanent sub. He is such an impact player. If his knees hold up, I think he can go on 5 years or more in the sub role and make a big difference.

ROK: In the best form of his career. You have to think he has a good 2 more years left in him, if not more.

Shaw and Mattner: Playing near the best of their careers, but will start to come under pressure from Armstrong and Heath. Still looks like they have another 2 years left at top level.

Richards and LRT: Both in the best form of their careers. I would think they still have 3 more years in them. By that time we should well and truly have our KPP replacements worked out.

I wouldn't be surprised if jude retired. Would be the right time aswell IMO. Goodesy can still go on for another 1-2 years if his body is right and keeps him in good stead. ROK another 1-2 aswell. Our defenders are coming of age, and with alot of midfield depth i think we definetly need to trade/draft for defenders and a KPP up forward.

Our midfield depth is very good for the coming years with Mitchell, Jack, Kennedy, Rohan, Jetta, McVeigh, Hannebery thats some pretty good depth. I've got faith in our department to make the right calls nonetheless.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Let's leave this for a week
    Or two - let them celebrate and then when the euphoria dies down then surmise as to who will and who won't. The lads are still plastered from partying last night!????

Where to from here, looking ahead.

After a fantastic day yesterday, we are 2012 Premiers & I'm so proud of the club.

As Horse mentioned yesterday there have been 33 changes to our list in the last 3 years, we can't rest on our lorals, we must improve the list to cement the club as a powerhouse of the AFL.

I know everyone is still basking in the glory of the BLOODS sprit, but where do people think we need to improve, what sort of player do we need & who from the 2's will stake a claim next year.

Go Bloods

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Mods. Please lock this thread and reopen it in a weeks time.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Mods. Please lock this thread and reopen it in a weeks time.
    We're not in the business of dictating what people can, and cannot, talk about on this forum, so long as it is Swans related and abides by the other forum rules.

But I agree with your sentiment. It would be nice to bask in the wonderful afterglow of yesterday's magnificence for a few days before consigning half the list to the wastebin.

A few thoughts on this subject

Perhaps we should have just one thread for Post Season List Changes, covering retirements, delistings, trades and the draft. Otherwise we tend to end up with a plethora of threads covering more or less the same subject matter.

The fans can take some time to bask in the glory.
    So can most of the players.
    Some players on the cusp might be thinking about their futures.
    Kinear Beatson may have a few late nights pondering the future as the trading period starts Monday.
    Something's happening in footy all year round.

I think when you win the big one you can't wait for the next year to start, since the future looks so bright. Now we have 6 months of anticipation and countless threads with titles such as: 'Can We Repeat?' (and hopefully this time next year 'Can We Three-peat?').

Looking to the future is just one way of keeping a very good feeling from a very positive season going on through the 6 month downtime between seasons. Can't see anything wrong with that.

I think we can say from this Goodes isn't retiring:

It was co-captain Adam Goodes who delivered the words all the fans wanted to hear.

"The one thing I haven't done is go back to back, so we look forward to doing that next year.''

I think Jude wants to play on also - you don't keep saying "I've still got the fire in the belly" if you want to retire. All the speculation is coming from the media, who keep asking him questions about retirement. This might create pressure to retire where previously there was none. I hope he plays on.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What we do know is with blokes like smith, hanners and Johnson coming thru we have our next batch of leaders already in the side

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast