Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game DVD & Premiership book

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by j0lly View Post
    does anyone know if there will be a DVD boxset for the entire finals series? Like in 2005?
    this is what I'm waiting for! how good will it be to have a marathon session watching all the finals games again. And I won't even have to skip a game!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    Mark McVeigh? Terrible!
    The commentators do it often, but in print is so much worse!!!

Can somebody tell me if the premiership scarves have the players' names on them like the 05 ones? We were driving up the Hume yesterday so missed the Melbourne and Sydney events. The pics don't show the names, but I'm hoping it's because they were mockups done before the game.

Bought Premiership polos for myself and my son yesterday morning at Lakeside Oval and a t-shirt for my daughter. We happened to be waiting when the hoodies arrived and the gasps from the punters when the dud whipped out the hoodie to show everyone was hilarious. It was like a new Malibu Stacy doll had just been delivered.

I bought a stubbie holder too. I think the club's merchandising arm will have a VERY good next few months.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the MASSIVE typo in the premiership book (which we got from Lakeside yesterday, amazing that they got it to the SCG!); on the page headed "Blood Brothers".
    Let me know when you do.
    Mark McVeigh? Terrible!
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Bought Premiership polos for myself and my son yesterday morning at Lakeside Oval and a t-shirt for my daughter. We happened to be waiting when the hoodies arrived and the gasps from the punters when the dud whipped out the hoodie to show everyone was hilarious. It was like a new Malibu Stacy doll had just been delivered.

I bought a stubbie holder too. I think the club's merchandising arm will have a VERY good next few months.
    Doctor,
    I was there too and (after gasping along with the rest) we turned to total strangers (now red and white best friends) and laughed.
    Some of the Swans marketing staff did not sleep..... worked through the night to co-ordinate the printing etc.
    Massive effort.

Salary bill for the team paid with the days takings ... we couldn't get enough.

At next years Premiership celebration they should organise more food and drink stands.
    Also 2 ladies doing face painting with a queue of 100 was a bit much for the kids.

But we enjoyed every moment from the drive in on the Eastern - spotting the Swans scarves heading to Lakeside at 7 am

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I love on the official DVD of the game that you can choose the commentary to be that of chanel 7, or of one of 3 radio stations.

Can anyone tell me what the cover of the official 100 page Premiers book looks like& is it like the one advertised in the footy record? Or does it have Jarred McVeigh on the front?
    Books great I bought it in Albury this morning.

Senior Player
    Look , Richard Colless says the Swans need another $2 million to stay competitive - so all us plebs had better start flashing the cash.

Does having Jason Ball on the club's Board help us get any favours from Macquarie Bank ?

The alternate radio commentaries are a fantastic feature (would have been nice to list who commentated for each station though, coz I don't like all the commentators) & the much fuller pre-game lead-in, post game etc was better than so many other Grand Final DVDs. The match stats page was a neat bonus. This was just a great production (all the better for being available the next day - only $32.95 from JB HiFi ... cheapest place I've found so far).

But can someone please tell me if the 2012 premiers magazine has a picture of Jarrad McVeigh on the front and not a picture of the team like was advertised in the GF footy Record (I thought that was just an example in the record).

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    The alternate radio commentaries are a fantastic feature (would have been nice to list who commentated for each station though, coz I don't like all the commentators) & the much fuller pre-game lead-in, post game etc was better than so many other Grand Final DVDs. The match stats page was a neat bonus. This was just a great production (all the better for being available the next day - only $32.95 from JB HiFi ... cheapest place I've found so far).

But can someone please tell me if the 2012 premiers magazine has a picture of Jarrad McVeigh on the front and not a picture of the team like was advertised in the GF footy Record (I thought that was just an example in the record).
    Yes it does - jarred McVeigh front And centre.

Veterans List
    Mark McVeigh? Terrible!
    Add it to the thread on the Melbourne media getting our players wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Yes it does - jarred McVeigh front And centre.
    Thanks Wardy

A DVD out already?! I'm off to JB Hi Fi tomorrow.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast