Page 101 of 463 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Interestingly, for the past two years Kurt has played better interstate than at home.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Imagine if Tippett has to retire in a year because of head injuries, and white goes on to play 100 games for the crows.
    Barry, about as much chance as Edelstein never dying his hair again, Warwick Capper becoming a priest or Julia Gillard having lunch with "Gloria" Jones.

It would be good for Jesse to get a chance to keep playing.

This whole affair has reminded me when Brad Ottens wanted to leave Richmond. I think the Swans were in the running there but he wanted to play for the Cats. Lets hope KT gets 3 premierships before he retires.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Imagine if we go back2back next year and the Crows don't win a GF until 2056.
    Imagine!!

I still firmly believe if we had of got Spida one year earlier we would have already been B2B premiers.
    Maybe the Swans are bolstering the stocks for another serious tilt (or 2, or 3).

I was reading with interest lots of posts saying on the one side that Tippett is no better than Jesse and on the other side that Tippett is a gun, so I checked out their comparative stats ...

Both debuted in 2008 and thus have had 5 seasons

AFL Games: KT - 104 vs. JW - 56
    Kicks: KT - 6.7 per game vs. JW - 4.5
    Marks: KT - 4.0 per game vs. JW - 3.2
    Handballs - 3.6 per game vs. JW -3.6
    Disposals - 10.2 per game vs. JW -8.0
    Goals - 1.8 per game vs. JW - 0.9

My conclusion is that based on stats, KT is currrently a better player than JW by a reasonable margin. But also that KT currently is not an elite forward.

Yes, KT could suffer a concussion in the next game and have to retire ... yes, JW could go on to be a gun for Crows ... yes, KT has great potential and should benefit from a new start ... etc.

You can only go with what you know at the time you are negotiating. Based on my view that KT is a better player than JW yet KT is not currently an elite forward (albeit with potential), I think the reported current deal of our 1st draft pick plus Jesse is fair value. A straight swap would be a bargain. Our 1st round pick plus a premiership player would be paying too much. I'll be happy if this deal gets done and can't wait to see KT in the red and white next season.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

KT has demonstrated that he can play like Tarzan though.

Anyone of you guys watch the Adelaide v Hawthorn, Prelim this year? KT is a gun. And will realese Sammy Reid. The game changes with 2 big marking Forwrds.

Anyone see the Sydney v Adelaide Final this year? KT and Reid were the worse to players on the feild. They need to be on the same team. Simple

Im imagining :-D

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    KT has demonstrated that he can play like Tarzan though.
    And that's the BIG difference between Tippett and White.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Imagine!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    Im imagining :-D
    Damn, I can also "see" the gatorade girl in a bikini !!!

Senior Player
    Also worth noting that Sanderson comes back from his holiday today. Perhaps the recruiters were waiting on the final word from the boss, before everything went through, hence the delay.
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Also worth noting that Sanderson comes back from his holiday today. Perhaps the recruiters were waiting on the final word from the boss, before everything went through, hence the delay.
    Apparently Jesse was waiting for Sando to get back so he could stand next to him and make sure Sando wasn't too short. Apparently Jesse had reservations about someone smaller than him being able to Coach him.

In other news - if you want to be kept abreast of the latest news please check Kurt's website or social media pages - http://www.kurttippett.com.au/blog/home/