Page 102 of 463 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,224 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Apparently Jesse was waiting for Sando to get back so he could stand next to him and make sure Sando wasn't too short. Apparently Jesse had reservations about someone smaller than him being able to Coach him....
    Must have had real reservations about his ressie coach this year than....lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Imagine if we go back2back next year and the Crows don't win a GF until 2056.
    2056....that would be the year after Jude and Goodsy retire.

In other news - if you want to be kept abreast of the latest news please check Kurt's website or social media pages - KURT TIPPETT ? Welcome!
    Que!!! Pulllleeesssee!!!!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Look folks, this may not be logical, maybe not even rational, but I don't feel quite right about this Tippett deal.

There is an under current about it that leaves me with a bit of nagging doubt.

The initial suggestion that he wanted to go home to Qld.

The rather prompt turnaround that we would be even better than home, I assume cos of more $$$$.

The turnaround by AFC on his worth to the club..way they now talk, they feel better off without him?

The poor performance he put up against us in the final.

Someone tell me that it'll all be right on the night..as soon as I see him take a big one at the SCG and win a game for us that all will settle in my mind.

Someone tell me.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Damn, I can also "see" the gatorade girl in a bikini !!!
    hahahahha

imagine...name a good song isn't it..

if we all went off what if, nothing would happen...
    what if goodes didn't suck it up with his pcl injury and got subbed...what if young didn't trip over in the goal square...

if you go by what if...well what if you didn't do it...since hally left, we have lacked a power forward...T walsh was thought to be that for us, but i think he may end up in our backline defence...having KT up there, allows Sammy to free up further...goodes to be more mobile..who does the opposition defence take..KT, Goodes, Reid. 3 targets to aim for, not 1, then with our crumbers, mcglynn, morton...then you have our midfield which by all accounts was one of the highest goal scoaring midfields in the comp...then with our water tight defence.....back to back...i'm excited...

RB, if we can turn around Mitch Morton, we can deal with Tippett. Have faith in the administrators that they can read writing on the wall as well as you can. I doubt there wouldn't be something in the contract that safeguards the Swans; they don't make promises they can't keep. Not lately anyway. Mitch didn't get a gig until he earned it. But Benny and Joey were on deck from day one. The match committee are not afraid to drop underperformers, no matter their status. Nick Davis comes to mind. I have faith that they have done their homework, and that KT (and his rather naive manager too) know exactly whats what.

I also see KT as a balancing act with Sam. And Sam needs help at times. No doubt about that. Its a good balance. Goodsey is not going to be as mobile (one day) as he was. Or I just may be sprouting rubbish with that statement. Sometimes you plant seeds, sometimes seedlings, sometimes saplings, and every now and again a tree.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

The Crows would have to be thinking they could do a Scott Stevens with Jesse.

It used to irritate me that they got so much more out of Scott than we did, but regular games and a different position seemed to make all the difference.

Interesting that Scott ultimately retired due to repeated concussions. I don't recall him getting many or any head knocks at the Swans. Something in the water in Adelaide maybe?
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Look folks, this may not be logical, maybe not even rational, but I don't feel quite right about this Tippett deal.

There is an under current about it that leaves me with a bit of nagging doubt.

The initial suggestion that he wanted to go home to Qld.

The rather prompt turnaround that we would be even better than home, I assume cos of more $$$$.

The turnaround by AFC on his worth to the club..way they now talk, they feel better off without him?

The poor performance he put up against us in the final.

Someone tell me that it'll all be right on the night..as soon as I see him take a big one at the SCG and win a game for us that all will settle in my mind.

Someone tell me.
    The greatest club in the world wants him... The End
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Damn, I can also "see" the gatorade girl in a bikini !!!
    Thanks a lot Billy.... Now I have to explain to my boss why I've staring off into space with a funny look on my face for the best part of 45minutes.

Imagine indeed!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Well if the crows take Jesse i hope that he really really makes the best of it and becomes a seriously dominating player. I have a soft spot for him and have defended him endlessly on this board. I'd actually like adelaide to get something out of it and i really hope that jesse does become the player that (i think) most of us reckon he could become with a bit of luck and confidence shown by his coaches in what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    ...the best part of 45 minutes.
    45 minutes?

Seconds more like it....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

jesse doesnt have the tank or the drive to chase hard enough and pressure enough when playing up forward

if he could find that spirit and tolerance for working hard every minute of the game he would probably make most teams 22
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"