Page 11 of 463 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Sorry but has there been any solid proof that Grundy is on the table, or is this all speculation?

We won the premiership thanks mainly to the most solid defence in the league and I am not comfortable in doing anything to tinker with it.....
    I could be old fashioned, cannot believe we would consider trading a premiership player....... So soon

Tippett?

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    What would we offer Collingwood?

What is it we have inexcess of that they need/want?
    No idea, but it's a deal I'd feel more comfortable with than signing Tippet for a mill a year and giving up Reg and a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    What would we offer Collingwood?

What is it we have inexcess of that they need/want?
    Free dental for the cheer squad, should get it over the line I think

Tippett?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I could be old fashioned, cannot believe we would consider trading a premiership player....... So soon
    Would depend on what that Premiership player wanted to do I guess.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    Free dental for the cheer squad, should get it over the line I think
    Probably be cheaper to get Tippett.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side
    Agree with Dawes thread. Perhaps we could get 2 for just a little more than for Tippett. Just heard that Pies have told Dawes and Wellingham and Melbv that they can have them both for pick 4 in draft. I know what I would tell Buckley and pies if I was them.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Umm, i doubt the club is thinking of getting rid of one half of the best one-two defence combo in the league. Speculation over.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Umm, i doubt the club is thinking of getting rid of one half of the best one-two defence combo in the league. Speculation over.
    If you just took Grundy out and put LRT in our defence would improve anyway.

Tippett?

Grundy is only 26, and I don't doubt he has at least one AA season in him. Stiff to miss the squad this year IMO.

Quoted from an article today:

Longmire conceded Sydney could lose players who sought more opportunities at another club.

"We'll look at that over the next couple of days and clearly that's OK, I think in the end we're all big enough to look at the bigger picture,'' Longmire said.

"Some players may (leave) and some players may not, we're not sure at the moment.''

IMO we must be neck deep in the Tippett negotiations. We are generally fair traders to so if we do make the deal we're going to have to sacrifice a fair bit. I'm worried - I just want this whole thing to be over and for all 22 of our premiership players to stick together. Reg is going to be invaluable in a few seasons when we loose Ted, LRT, Marty, Rhyce ect.

This is a little stressful tbh!

I would much prefer to hear some rumors linking us to Gumbleton. I know he has had a lot of injuries, but the suggestion is they've got his back problems fixed, and I think other than the back related stuff his only real injury in the last couple of years was a punctured lung which could happen to anyone. Tippett played 21 games for 39 goals this year, which is good, but based on that he's not the next Plugger by any stretch of the imagination. Gumbleton played 6 games for 11 goals in a losing side, that's the same goals per game, he's younger than Tippett, probably worth a lot less in a trade, and I bet he wouldn't cost us 10% of our total salary cap either.

Tippett?

I know it's all about supply and demand, particularly with key forwards, but anything over 600k for Tippet is overs realistically and anything over 700k is just horrendous overs. 1 million? FORGET IT!!! He's not Tom Hawkins , he's not Travis Cloke, he's not Jack Riewoldt and he's not Tex Walker. Any of those I would be happy if we lured over for whatever money ( I am aware they aren't available, but for arguments sake) , but Tippet? Nup.