Page 343 of 463 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 4,105 to 4,116 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

I thought this was a Tippett thread?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I thought this was a Tippett thread?
    It is - we need a big 2015 from Kurt. We haven't had sufficient return on our investment in him as yet.....

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    It is - we need a big 2015 from Kurt. We haven't had sufficient return on our investment in him as yet.....
    I disagree. Tippett was very good in 2013. The Swans knew the complexity in Tippett's Adelaide dealings when he was taken in the Pre-Season draft. The club accepted he would have time out in 2013.

He was beaten by two great fullbacks in Lake and Rance, but those two will not provide Tippett with any problems after 2015. Lake will be retired and Rance will make his way to Bondi for the 2016 season.

I expect Tippett and Goodes to start 2015 in better shape and help Buddy prosecute the best offence in the AFL.

Goes up to 11
    Ok so an admittedly good half a season in 2013 is sufficient for the huge $$$'s we are paying Tippett thus far? We have gotten a much better return on our investment in Buddy to date.

I fully expect Tippett to have a big year this year. If he doesn't produce and/or misses big chunks of the season, no one could argue he's been a value for money investment. A productive 2015 will change that.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Ok so an admittedly good half a season in 2013 is sufficient for the huge $$$'s we are paying Tippett thus far? We have gotten a much better return on our investment in Buddy to date.

I fully expect Tippett to have a big year this year. If he doesn't produce and/or misses big chunks of the season, no one could argue he's been a value for money investment. A productive 2015 will change that.
    You can't underestimate the Tippett "marketing effect" and his value to the membership drive. He is a good looking bloke and is literally dragging in more and more female members by his vary physical presence. Read some of the lust that female posters are posting on this forum about Tippett. The bloke is a "marketing winner" and this point needs to be taken into account when assessing his value.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    You can't underestimate the Tippett "marketing effect" and his value to the membership drive. He is a good looking bloke and is literally dragging in more and more female members by his vary physical presence. Read some of the lust that female posters are posting on this forum about Tippett. The bloke is a "marketing winner" and this point needs to be taken into account when assessing his value.
    Sorry you've lost me. I doubt Tippett is bringing too many through the gate. But I'm happy for you to have that opinion - this tread doesn't need to descend into yet a another you-versus-anyone-else-with-a-different-opinion thread thanks.

I disagree. Tippett was very good in 2013. The Swans knew the complexity in Tippett's Adelaide dealings when he was taken in the Pre-Season draft. The club accepted he would have time out in 2013.

He was beaten by two great fullbacks in Lake and Rance, but those two will not provide Tippett with any problems after 2015. Lake will be retired and Rance will make his way to Bondi for the 2016 season.

I expect Tippett and Goodes to start 2015 in better shape and help Buddy prosecute the best offence in the AFL.
    I don't know where you get this bunk Matt. Lake is not going anywhere he got a new one year contract. Rance has signed for either two or three I think with Richmond. If you mean Lake will be retired next year then yes he will but then you have Frawley to cope with.

Tip will be a lot better for having a full preseason and no 11 games out as in 2013. No injury like 2014. He has been in the gym big time. Having a huge defender for him to match up on in McLaren and also using derrickx as his opponent in marking drills is a great idea. At least they have the height and derrickx has the weight of a Lake with McLaren having the agility of a Rance.

Senior Player
    Def can vouch for my vaguely swans interested wife admiring the physique of big Tippo. Though she still wishes for the physical presence of Baz and Mummy (don't we all). Strange she likes the big hits more-so than me!

I agree to date Tippet has been unlucky with injury and that this year is the big litmus test for his contract. He looks to be in shape and prepared as well as he can be for this.

What a pile of frog @@@@.
    (Sorry Frog.)
    Marketing winner indeed. (I just got so dizzy from rolling my eyes, I fell over.)
    No one outside the club has even noticed he had come here.
    He's definitely NOT worth the money that has been spent on him for the insipid performance over a season and a half.
    He's very injury prone, isn't he?
    Hopefully we'll see him play to his full potential this year.
    His contract runs out at the end of the year doesn't it?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    If his contract runs out at the end of this year then he would need to put in a blinder of a season to command his current salary. If he is ordinary and stays then that takes pressure off the salary cap.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    (Sorry Frog.)
    Marketing winner indeed. (I just got so dizzy from rolling my eyes, I fell over.)
    He's definitely NOT worth the money that has been spent on him for the insipid performance over a season and a half.
    Sheesh after witnessing my wife do her knee before xmas riding a bike and seeing what she has to go through I will never ever doubt any footballer again when it comes to knees. Tippos knee was bunged in the finals in 2013.

Before that his input for 2013 was supurb. Do we forget he was kicking bags when he came back from suspension? In fact i would say he effort in the second half of 2013 was worth it, makes you think what could have been if he wasnt suspended.

In 2014 he had a bad knee ffs!

IMHO i think we will see the 2013 version before the knee injury tippett plus a lot more with his stronger pyshique. Imagine being a defender this year and having to come up against tippett buddy at their prime? I think he might beat Buddy for the goal kicking this year if he holds up. FFS in 2013 sans 11 games he topped the second half of the goal kicking!

Give the guy a break ffs.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    (Sorry Frog.)
    Marketing is important to a players overall value.

The Swans were a down and out club in the early 80, struggling for their identity in the new Sydney market, until Warrick Capper put the brand on the map. Capper's sex appeal, his athletic style of play, and all round charisma brought spectators to the SCG, and the Swans became a powerful brand.

Capper has been one of the most valuable and important players in the clubs history. He will never be acknowledged as an all time great, but his "marketing value" has been a vital component in the clubs overall history.

Tippett is continuing the Capper tradition in providing good "marketing value" for the Swans brand. The Sydney market loves a glamour full forward.

All we now need is a 70 goal season and couple of front page stories involving Tipp and a supermodel / reality TV superstar.