Page 350 of 463 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 4,189 to 4,200 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Suspended by the MRP
    There is some serious lack of respect for Tip happening on this forum. Tipp has delivered in most games he has been on the field. He was outstanding in his return game from injury against the Hawks last year at ANZ. I've only seen him beaten by Brian Lake and Alex Rance in his two years at the Swans.

He provides support as the 2nd ruck, he chases and tackles and he takes the 2nd best defender.

He still averages around 2.5 goals a game in his time with the Swans.

He is a definite top 6 player at the Swans.

Lets get behind the big Kurt!

Goes up to 11
    I will wholeheartedly support Kurt when he's on the field. He just needs to uphold his end of the bargain and get on it....

Yeah I think your missing the Point Matt. He's great on the field, getting on there and staying on there is his issue. For the money he is in, surely you can understand supporters frustration. I'm more interested in his season goal tally as opposed to his goals per game average. 50-60 would be nice. He's need to be kicking 4 -5 a game with the amount of games he plays to achieve that.

Veteran Site Admin
    In other news, I believe he has recently had a hair cut...

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yeah I think your missing the Point Matt. He's great on the field, getting on there and staying on there is his issue. For the money he is in, surely you can understand supporters frustration. I'm more interested in his season goal tally as opposed to his goals per game average. 50-60 would be nice. He's need to be kicking 4 -5 a game with the amount of games he plays to achieve that.
    Most injuries are unfortunate. So many people want to criticise Kurt for his injuries while showing compassion to Alex Johnson for his injuries.

Kurt will hopefully be there for round one.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    In other news, I believe he has recently had a hair cut...
    Excellent news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Most injuries are unfortunate. So many people want to criticise Kurt for his injuries while showing compassion to Alex Johnson for his injuries.

Kurt will hopefully be there for round one.
    AJ wasn't a big money recruit, he's a promising youngster. Massive difference, shocking comparison IMO.

As far as his suspension in 2013, we knew what the story was and took him anyway. So no point in criticizing him for that. And he played well the second half of the season.

Yes, he struggled getting back from that late season injury in 2013 and that put some limitations on what he did last year. But injuries are part of the game. All we can expect is that Kurt does everything he can to get back on the ground and perform at the highest level possible. And every indication is that is exactly how he conducts himself. So no complaints here. When Kurt and Buddy are both up and running, they are an awesome duo.

Suspended by the MRP
    Hey are people forgetting we signed an over the hill full forward in 2010 who played a hand full of games kicked a few nice goals and then that was it?

Yet people were satisfied with Bradshaws output for the massive amount of coin he was on.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I keep wondering if we weren't paying Tip wages could we have keep Mummy and Nick???

Or how about Everett? He seems to be going all guns at Carlton, which is not really saying that much I suppose.

Did we recruit the wrong player?

This season will tell, but so far he has been a big waste of space!
    Well considering that Mummy could have cost us the GF in 2012 if it wernt for Pike and that he had a hard time getting back on the field for GWS last year..i think the club did the right thing.

People keep bringing up mummy as a massive lost when really he spends more time off the field than tippett.

And Andres looks and plays like a superstar because he is surrounded by spuds at the blues.

I am happy with tippett. His first season even with the massive suspension he still kicked a huge amount of goals.

And injuries occur and really unavoidable in the manner that tippett throws himself around. Its a risk..all major big $ recruits is a massive risk in a game like rules.

I am sensing a bit schadenfreude from some fans in regards to tippett.

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Well considering that Mummy could have cost us the GF in 2012 if it wernt for Pike and that he had a hard time getting back on the field for GWS last year..i think the club did the right thing.

People keep bringing up mummy as a massive lost when really he spends more time off the field than tippett.

And Andres looks and plays like a superstar because he is surrounded by spuds at the blues.

I am happy with tippett. His first season even with the massive suspension he still kicked a huge amount of goals.

And injuries occur and really unavoidable in the manner that tippett throws himself around. Its a risk..all major big $ recruits is a massive risk in a game like rules.
    Sendible points

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Hi Melbourne_Blood. I understand the frustration. The Swans would have completed a full medical before he signed and must have been happy with him. Either that or the rumoured number of games played clause in his contract others here have mentioned is real. Regardless, unless the player is over training or partaking in stupid acts off the field - I'm not going to be angry with any player injured on the park.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Hey are people forgetting we signed an over the hill full forward in 2010 who played a hand full of games kicked a few nice goals and then that was it?

Yet people were satisfied with Bradshaws output for the massive amount of coin he was on.
    Not sure if it was worth the $$$, but his massive torp at the SCG was very memorable!