Page 380 of 463 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430 ... LastLast
Results 4,549 to 4,560 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Is that a joke?
    Don't worry - you need to go back and read my blooper some posts earlier to see the context. 2024 may well be Buddy's last year, in a Swans premiership team and winning the Coleman Medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Don't worry - you need to go back and read my blooper some posts earlier to see the context. 2024 may well be Buddy's last year, in a Swans premiership team and winning the Coleman Medal.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    That article has one positive outcome - it extends this thread.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Did any see the piece of footage of Tippett in the change rooms going through a series if drills just before he came back on after his concussion. Was it just me or did others notice that he seemed to be finding it very hard to put his mouth guard back in. It looked painful for him. Hope that's not a sign of a broken jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Did any see the piece of footage of Tippett in the change rooms going through a series if drills just before he came back on after his concussion. Was it just me or did others notice that he seemed to be finding it very hard to put his mouth guard back in. It looked painful for him. Hope that's not a sign of a broken jaw.
    Yep he certainly didn't look comfortable at all at that time - didn't play great either, so certainly seemed far from 100%
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I swear to god if Mummy hurts Tipoff in any way, shape or form, I'm going to stalk him... professionally.
    Tippett has a fractured jaw. Be afraid, Mummy, be very afraid.

Swans rule out Tippett as Laidler firms as Mills' replacement - AFL.com.au

It was the first concussion that broke the jaw or the sling tackle.

Well who ever hit him - they will be in trouble!!!

Senior Player
    I think history suggests you've pretty much got to bring a gun onto the field and shoot someone to get suspended in the final series.
    Unfortunately it's probably going to take a player being put into a wheelchair or getting permanent brain damage before anything is done
    to outlaw these dangerous sling tackles. There is a whole lot of macho claptrap that it's a tough game, but you know, it's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think history suggests you've pretty much got to bring a gun onto the field and shoot someone to get suspended in the final series.
    Unfortunately it's probably going to take a player being put into a wheelchair or getting permanent brain damage before anything is done
    to outlaw these dangerous sling tackles. There is a whole lot of macho claptrap that it's a tough game, but you know, it's just a game.
    Then someone should've belted Steve J in the first 30 seconds because, by the way he acts how could you tell whether he had brain damage or not?!

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    lUnfortunately it's probably going to take a player being put into a wheelchair or getting permanent brain damage before anything is done
    I agree about the macho claptrap. The Channel 7 commentary lauding Mumford's tackling (which you hear on the replay of the sling of Tippett) really infuriates me.

Mumford has to be restrained before he permanently incapacitates someone. He boasted during the week that he would "try to clean up a few blokes early" and that's just what he did. A man of his size and strength is perfectly capable of executing a legal wrap-up tackle to the advantage of his team. But he deliberately seeks to hurt the player he tackles. Despicable in my view.

Certainly took a lot of guts to go back out with a broken jaw, to resume a ruck battle with Mumford.