Page 383 of 463 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433 ... LastLast
Results 4,585 to 4,596 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Right now, after the way he played today I'd trade that lump in a nanosecond even for a second rounder if we can create some cap space.

But in reality he is vitally important to our structure and he won't be going anywhere. I just hope his two year extension was on reduced terms than $900,000 a season

- - - Updated - - -

No way we will get this but if we could get two first rounders for Tippett I would say we'd take it in an instant
    Tippett had his jaw broken by AFL sanctioned thuggery, which interrupted his form/fitness/momentum. His large salary does bring more responsibility, but he wasn't amongst the bottom 5-6 today, and he was awesome for us for the first half of this year.

He is becoming spudlike
    danza

Senior Player
    Bit of a knee jerk reaction to trade a quality player based on one game. If Buddy gets injured we will need him badly.

Pushing for Selection
    He was useless today

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Tippett had his jaw broken by AFL sanctioned thuggery, which interrupted his form/fitness/momentum. His large salary does bring more responsibility, but he wasn't amongst the bottom 5-6 today, and he was awesome for us for the first half of this year.
    Buy that is kinda the problem, we haven't got a whole season of the good Tippo. He does spend a lot of time on the injury list.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Harsh assessments IMO. He was killing it before his injury and then the fractured jaw stalled his momentum at the wrong time. I see no reason why he won't start 2017 as well as he started 2016.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Toby Nankervis could have played better than Tippett today. We're not getting much value out of Tippett. Please trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Harsh assessments IMO. He was killing it before his injury and then the fractured jaw stalled his momentum at the wrong time. I see no reason why he won't start 2017 as well as he started 2016.
    Exactly.

Tippett is fine, wasnt great today but earlier in the year he was one of our key players and made up our top 5 best. Everyone quick to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    After the umpiring today, I find myself thinking back to the, "At no stage did his head ever hit the ground" Tribunal decision. I mean, I usually tend to go for the stuff up, rather than the conspiracy, but that's being sorely tested of late.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Tippett is fine, wasnt great today but earlier in the year he was one of our key players and made up our top 5 best. Everyone quick to forget.
    Yes, that is good but it was today that we really expected and needed him to be in our top 5 best. He along with Buddy was our most experienced forward, and our No.1 ruck.

Tippett is a most over rated player. Really. Today when it counted he missed marks, goals, and seems too slow in general play. This business of him being a ruck/forward is a smokescreen as he does not excel at either. He is a mediocre footballer in a tall body. I would trade him in an instant.