Page 395 of 463 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445 ... LastLast
Results 4,729 to 4,740 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Mean Dud not dude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    IMO, We should of traded Tippett last year when he had some currency....And kept Nankervis.

It would of got us another high draft pick, or a player, and would of freed up some cap space to keep Mitchell.

I get the feeling we are going to regret trading Nankervis.
    I don't believe that the Swans would have got a 1st rounder for Tippett last season. I remember the Gold Coast Suns were enquiring about Tippett due to their salary cap room.

If Tippett's salary is large in 2018, then the Swans may have to contemplate a Brock Osweiler deal at the end of the year.

That means:

Tippett (100% of his 2018 salary) + 2nd Rounder in exchange for a 4th Rounder

We lose a 2nd round draft pick, but we free up some cash for either a good player of signing up good players we have like Jones.

Tippett's contract can't end quick enough. He's completely useless. Money wasted.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Tippett's contract can't end quick enough. He's completely useless. Money wasted.
    He took a great mark and got injured! Time to grow up and forget the trolling

From an anatomical viewpoint Tippett was both "unlucky" & poorly managed tonight IMO.

At 202cm and 105kg with relatively slender legs (especially the lower leg) Tippy has a relatively high centre of gravity which means the ground reaction forces at his ankles are amplified. His playing style of competing aerially will predispose him to ankle and lower limb injuries when he lands. And he has to play this way as, while it's his biomechanical weakness, it's his game play strength. Speed, agility, height, reach.

His first poor landing tonight looked to sprain a lateral ligament. Now I'm sure that the medicos performed the lateral ligament tests. However, I find it difficult to believe that it wasn't positive from the video of the injury. And if it was positive, I'm astounded that he was permitted to continue to play, as an ankle injury will predispose subsequent ankle injuries until stability is restored. Given Tippett's physique, the risk of re-/further injury was high.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    He took a great mark and got injured! Time to grow up and forget the trolling
    Dude, 'trolling,' really?

Every time he actually plays well he goes down injured. And he hasn't shown up in one big game performance.

If you'd like to argue that he's worth the coin we paid him then be my guest.

Tip has a suspected broken fibula and is off for scans.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Tip has a suspected broken fibula and is off for scans.
    Horse just announced in presser that he doesn't think there is a fibula fracture

He showed how important he was to us by the way the game turned once he went off.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Dude, 'trolling,' really?

Every time he actually plays well he goes down injured. And he hasn't shown up in one big game performance.

If you'd like to argue that he's worth the coin we paid him then be my guest.
    You hung yourself as soon as you used the word Dude.

Tippett gets injured. Fair enough. But he is worth the coin when he he is fit. Compare him to Tom Boyd who is on more money and does bugger-all most games.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    He showed how important he was to us by the way the game turned once he went off.
    I always maintain his great value is the structure as much as his output.

Tippett!!

"SYDNEY forward Kurt Tippett has escaped bone damage to his left ankle, but will have scans to assess the extent of the injury he suffered against the Western Bulldogs on Friday night."

"Swans coach John Longmire told reporters after his team's 23-point loss that Tippett had suffered ligament damage after landing awkwardly as he clutched a strong mark midway through the first quarter."

Good that there is no break. But ligament damage can take a long time to heal. It was a very nasty ankle roll.