Page 396 of 463 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,752 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I always maintain his great value is the structure as much as his output.
    Is rippa value when on the park but has basically not played a full season since being in Sydney. Very injury prone. And then when comes back takes a number of games to
    play into good form. A lot of crows supporters said to me that you'll love him when he's up n about but it won't be a full season as he's very injury prone. And I guess they were right. Money if it's true what he's on has been a bust just because we can't get him on the park for full year for what he's paid. Might finish his career as one of those "jeez if it wasn't for injury this bloke coulda ripped the competition apart"

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    You hung yourself as soon as you used the word Dude.

Tippett gets injured. Fair enough. But he is worth the coin when he he is fit. Compare him to Tom Boyd who is on more money and does bugger-all most games.
    Yeah sure, 'mate.' Sorry if I offended your A Current Affair/Today Tonight watching ass. Gotta save those precious bogan Aussie words don't we? I mean, @@@@, whatever would we do without great expressions like 'struth' and 'bugger.' Without language crusaders like you, my god, what would become of the Aussie language? It might even disappear? Then what? THEN WHAT I TELLS YA? God help us. Thank you so much for showing me the error of my ways! I'll join the fight to save the words bonza, thunderbox and crikey. Dear leader, show us the way.

On Tippett: If he's only fit half the season and misses big games then how is he worth it? Has he even had an injury free season since he's been with us? You can compare Tom Boyd to Tippett all day long it doesn't make either recruit worth it for either team.

Is tipoff injured.
    Again.
    SMH.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Is tipoff injured.
    Again.
    SMH.
    Just what we needed to this thread - a common sense approach.

Warming the Bench
    Hope Cameron gets the nod ahead of Sinclair next week. Much better hands and well suited as a deep forward with maybe 20% time in Ruck

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Yeah sure, 'mate.' Sorry if I offended your A Current Affair/Today Tonight watching ass.
    Never watched those two shows in my life and except for the footy the TV is virtually locked on the ABC. I have no problem with the changing face of language, however I detest the forced Americanisms. "Dude" had never ever been anything other than American slang and is a product of people watching American trash TV. But we have a lot in common and we will both be looking forward to Friday night to watch our team play again and test the depth of our list (or should that be to watch the dudes from our franchise suit up to test the depth of our roster?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Is tipoff injured.
    Again.
    SMH.
    Yep Kurt Tissue is injured again.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Yep Kurt Tissue is injured again.
    And it looked damn painful. I tore all the soft tissue when I broke my ankle years ago and it was not fun.

Goes up to 11
    This Tippett deal is now definitely a dud. I'm calling it.

For all the money we've paid, he simply hasn't been on the field enough for a sufficient return on investment. We've paid big money for the guy and he's often been good for us, but for the money we needed more time on the field from him. Not saying he's a dud - just the amount of money weve tied up in him makes the deal a dud.

Whatever we think of Kurt, I thought it was absolutely disgraceful to have to see Jon Ralph, @@@@@@@@@@ extraordinaire, questioning Tippett's courage on FoxSports by making smug comments about his pain tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Whatever we think of Kurt, I thought it was absolutely disgraceful to have to see Jon Ralph, @@@@@@@@@@ extraordinaire, questioning Tippett's courage on FoxSports by making smug comments about his pain tolerance
    It was Brian Taylor who suggested Tippo had a low threshold to pain, Ralph was just referring to Taylor's remarks...If anything, in defence of Tippo I thought.

Regardless, Tippo is gone for now, so I look forward to hopefully seeing Cameron show us his wears....Though I suspect 'Nearly There' will get first dibs.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Tippett played out the match in the final against GWS last year after having his head slammed into the ground by a Mumford sling tackle and having his jaw broken by the knee of the third man up in a ruck contest. Nothing wrong with his courage or pain tolerance.