Page 397 of 463 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447 ... LastLast
Results 4,753 to 4,764 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

I think there has been a bit of a blur between pain tolerance and injury frequency.

Very different issues, and there is no evidence of the former to my knowledge.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    This Tippett deal is now definitely a dud. I'm calling it.

For all the money we've paid, he simply hasn't been on the field enough for a sufficient return on investment. We've paid big money for the guy and he's often been good for us, but for the money we needed more time on the field from him. Not saying he's a dud - just the amount of money weve tied up in him makes the deal a dud.
    Correct. I don't blame him for having an injury prone body. Provided he's doing what the medical staff tell him to do then he can't help that. In relation to his salary he is definately overpaid. Any club needs to take into account how much time a player spends on the park when offering them a contract. Based on this and Tippetts form when he plays he is definately overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    It was Brian Taylor who suggested Tippo had a low threshold to pain, Ralph was just referring to Taylor's remarks...If anything, in defence of Tippo I thought.

Regardless, Tippo is gone for now, so I look forward to hopefully seeing Cameron show us his wears....Though I suspect 'Nearly There' will get first dibs.
    I think the phrase you're looking for is "Sinclair almost". ????

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Tippett played out the match in the final against GWS last year after having his head slammed into the ground by a Mumford sling tackle and having his jaw broken by the knee of the third man up in a ruck contest. Nothing wrong with his courage or pain tolerance.
    Correction Meg...remember according to the MRP his head didn't touch the ground . I'm still bewildered over that.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Correction Meg...remember according to the MRP his head didn't touch the ground . I'm still bewildered over that.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Of course it never touched the ground.

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 5.25.12 PM.jpg
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Goes up to 11
    Good news if Kurt is only out for a week. He may have dodged a bullet there.
    I'll happily reassess my opinion of the deal if he comes back and clunks 10+ marks, gets 30+ hitouts and kicks 4+ goals per game once he's back.

Buddy (and probably Sam Reid) are better for having Tippett in the side. Tippett taking the tallest defender frees up attention that would otherwise be placed on Buddy, giving Bud freedom to roam and do what he does best.

The other thing is that with Tippett in the side, forward entries aren't so Buddy-centric. I think our forward structures are either best with Tip&Bud or with neither of them (in the latter instance, we seem to have multiple avenues to goal, including a greater mid-field contribution, making us far less predictable). When Bud is the key forward, he is double (or triple) teamed ... & we still look to him (he demands the ball) but there's only so much he can do.

Tip also is (IMO) the most effective of our ruckmen (not elite, but better than Naismith - at this stage, Sink & Cameron).

For all the bemoaning his salary and time in the treatment & rehab rooms, I think Tip is an integral element of our seasonal structure (his going missing at the pointy end of the season is undeniable though).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Buddy (and probably Sam Reid) are better for having Tippett in the side. Tippett taking the tallest defender frees up attention that would otherwise be placed on Buddy, giving Bud freedom to roam and do what he does best.

The other thing is that with Tippett in the side, forward entries aren't so Buddy-centric. I think our forward structures are either best with Tip&Bud or with neither of them (in the latter instance, we seem to have multiple avenues to goal, including a greater mid-field contribution, making us far less predictable). When Bud is the key forward, he is double (or triple) teamed ... & we still look to him (he demands the ball) but there's only so much he can do.

Tip also is (IMO) the most effective of our ruckmen (not elite, but better than Naismith - at this stage, Sink & Cameron).

For all the bemoaning his salary and time in the treatment & rehab rooms, I think Tip is an integral element of our seasonal structure (his going missing at the pointy end of the season is undeniable though).
    +1 and I dont blame him for GF last yr after what was done to him by GWS.

Commentary I've never heard in connection with K Tippett since he joined the Swans - "courageous", "selfless", "inspirational".

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko7 View Post
    Commentary I've never heard in connection with K Tippett since he joined the Swans - "courageous", "selfless", "inspirational".
    Never will. Seriously. He is a flog.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

A flog? What crap.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    At last a sensible post. I thought Tippett was embarrassing tonight. Not only did he get just one kick and barely a ruck hit out, some of defensive chasing and harassing was non existent. I know he is not fast but you should make some effort!! I starting to think he does not care, just collects his large pay cheque every week.
    Well it's hard to get a ruck hit out when mummy had 62 of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Never will. Seriously. He is a flog.
    He's just come back from injury (again) - straight up against Mummy. give him a week or two before you call curtains on him