Page 3 of 463 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

Regular in the Side
    they are saying collingwood is making the play, but how the hell can they afford him...everyone had to take paycuts for cloke.....
    i cant see it happening and i doubt we could offer anything to trade....if he dont go to qld maybe carlton is the next bet...

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    they are saying collingwood is making the play, but how the hell can they afford him...everyone had to take paycuts for cloke.....
    i cant see it happening and i doubt we could offer anything to trade....if he dont go to qld maybe carlton is the next bet...
    Collingwood look set to lose Wellingham and Tarrant has retired so they will have a little extra that they could offer. They might also offer one of their fringe players to Adelaide.

You are right though as Wellingham looks set to leave because he can get more money in his home state (WA) and Tippett should be able to get a lot more at either Gold Coast or Brisbane.

Maybe Collingwood flagged an interest as an insurance policy if they lost Cloke.

Veteran Site Admin
    Geez, I really hope the Swans aren't getting sucked into this. Even $700k for Tippet sounds well like overs given the season he has had. He only played one good game in the last couple of months. I also question whether he's really the kind of player we desparately need. I realise our forward line needs work but as a tall ruck-cum-forward he's just going to push LRT or Pyke out of the team.

If it were Taylor Walker, it would be a different matter. He's exactly the kind of forward who would complement what we already have.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Geez, I really hope the Swans aren't getting sucked into this. Even $700k for Tippet sounds well like overs given the season he has had. He only played one good game in the last couple of months. I also question whether he's really the kind of player we desparately need. I realise our forward line needs work but as a tall ruck-cum-forward he's just going to push LRT or Pyke out of the team.

If it were Taylor Walker, it would be a different matter. He's exactly the kind of forward who would complement what we already have.
    I posted in another thread the figure quoted this morning was more like $900,000.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

When it comes to trading, I don't believe the Swans will get sucked in to anything.

Judging by Horse's reaction last night, we're either in the deal in some way (maybe even working some magical 3 or 4 way trade), so he didn't want to deny it outright, or we're up to something else entirely and happy to have the attention focussed on Tippett trade while we get on with our own business.

Or he's just feeling a bit relaxed and having some fun at the media's expense for once, having just picked up a PREMIERSHIP!!!!! ;-)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Goes up to 11
    Don't want him. Don't need him at that outrageous price either.....

Turning into a circus now.

Another Mitch Clark, cite homesickness as a reason to want to leave and then jump at a random big money offer when it presents itself...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Collingwood has now signed Lynch for 2 years. Would need to have a lot of spare Laurie Nash in the cap to pick him up. Cloke is on a squillion. How?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Collingwood has now signed Lynch for 2 years. Would need to have a lot of spare Laurie Nash in the cap to pick him up. Cloke is on a squillion. How?
    Yes, it's all very mysterious the way the maggots accountants can squeeze a schooner of beer into a middy glass (for those south of the border that's a pint into a pot)
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Warming the Bench
    I know that a lot of people on here were highly critical of Roos for his "premiership credits" policy and that the team must continue to evolve to stay at the top, but am I the only one who feels a little bit sick at the prospect of Tippett coming in and taking a spot from one of the blokes who gave so much of themselves just a few days ago?

No doubt I'll get over it if it does happen, but I hope they don't trade for Tippett.

Don't want. Will be paying well over his value at that price, and would be toxic to the culture that's been established. It's a very 90's move, and the club has moved on from that point.