Page 400 of 463 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450 ... LastLast
Results 4,789 to 4,800 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Warming the Bench
    In retrospect yes we would have been better off not recruiting Tippett and keeping Mumford particularly given that we recruited Buddy the following year, but who was to know? I was very excited when we signed him, nothing to do about it now

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    In retrospect yes we would have been better off not recruiting Tippett and keeping Mumford particularly given that we recruited Buddy the following year, but who was to know? I was very excited when we signed him, nothing to do about it now
    We can do something about it, trade him like Matt suggested along with a draft pick. Freeing up $800 in our cap would allow us to retain the players we need and maybe even recruit a good player. As an example, Dusty is a $1m a year player that you might be able to get if you traded Tippett and let Reid go.

If we let tippet go we would only have Sinclair and nainsmith as rucks!.

Letting Toby walk out last year has sealed our commitment to tippet for the rest of his career.

- - - Updated - - -

It may go down in history that tippets most notable contribution to the swans is the most popular thread on RWO of all time. We should actually make an award for it.

What is a bigger achievement?. 300 games or 5000 post thread about you.?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    We can do something about it, trade him like Matt suggested along with a draft pick. Freeing up $800 in our cap would allow us to retain the players we need and maybe even recruit a good player. As an example, Dusty is a $1m a year player that you might be able to get if you traded Tippett and let Reid go.
    The idea that we can get anything for Tippet is totally delusional.

We are bleating about what a waste of money he is but we somehow think another club will be stoopid enough to take him. Even that silly trade of Matt is not worth it for just one year.

We'll just have to try and get the best out of him next year and then either pay him a more appropriate salary ($250 - 300K base) or move him on.

The only upside is you'd hope any major cap space issues will be a thing of the past come end of next season

Veterans List
    I doubt he will have any currency and what club will pick up his salary. The problem with conditions like last night is that is that it negates the marking skills of blokes like Tippett. And all but 3 of our remaining games are night games.

Happens in US sport. You basically pay another team with a draft pick to take his money off the books. Disagree with going after Martin though.

I doubt that we can give Tippett away. He would have to get a new contract more attractive than staying at the Swans for another 800k and hoping he can turn around his form. We just have to resign ourselves that we are more than likely stuck with Tippett for another year. After then, who knows? I think we can wear his salary for another season without it affecting the signing of uncontracted players.

What I would do is try to offload Sinclair, who might have some currency, although I would be happy for anyone to take him off our hands. I think he's on 400k for another season. Along with the retirement of Macca, we should be able to release enough salary cap to allay any problems for 2018. After that, Tippo is on his own.

Although untried at AFL level, I wouldn't be surprised if Darcy Cameron will work his way into our regular ruckman in a year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I doubt he will have any currency and what club will pick up his salary. The problem with conditions like last night is that is that it negates the marking skills of blokes like Tippett. And all but 3 of our remaining games are night games.
    The Swannies have a lot of trouble winning at night , so that sucks !

On the positive side we may win the "worst trade ever" award. All he had to do was play well in one of the GF's and all would have been forgiven instead he vanished. Totally unacceptable for a player on that much coin, it's one thing if he was average in the games but he simply vanished. If the rumours about him and another player not playing nice after the GF are true it would explain everything. I don't think he has the desire/will to win that most professional athletes do. Not to say he doesn't have it but that unlike some players who will do anything I don't think he will.

And please no more oh he was injured. Show me a player in a GF that isn't injured. Its part of the game at that level. As odious a human being as Wayne Carey was do you remember how he would still dominate when he couldn't even lift his shoulders, Tippet is an incredible athlete that should absolutely dominate games.
    Last edited by Merdo5555; 28th May 2017 at 04:49 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    � And please no more oh he was injured. Show me a player in a GF that isn't injured. Its part of the game at that level. As odious a human being as Wayne Carey was do you remember how he would still dominate when he couldn't even lift his shoulders, Tippet is an incredible athlete that should absolutely dominate games.
    At the risk of repeating myself, the most important thing to do with Tippo is make sure he's fit. At this stage last year he WAS dominating games, and I don't see why he wouldn't in the current season when he is properly fit, not only from injury but match fit.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself, the most important thing to do with Tippo is make sure he's fit. At this stage last year he WAS dominating games, and I don't see why he wouldn't in the current season when he is properly fit, not only from injury but match fit.
    When fit n on song he's a perfect ruck/forward but he's just so injury prone. It's his 5th season at the club n he's played 66 games. That's where it's a fail for me. Injury wise it's not going to get better from here cause he's 30 & a big man that more than likely will be struck down again as time goes by. He needs continuanty n that just hasn't happened. I think that's where it becomes so frustrating for most supporters

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Totally. I hope the swans manage him into finals next year.
    He currently the exact opposite of Clark Keating.