Page 402 of 463 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452 ... LastLast
Results 4,813 to 4,824 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    You're absolutely correct, let me change that to one of the worst signings ever possibly the worst (based on money vs output). I'm sure there have been worse players taken but not paid as much.
    Not even close! Dermott Brereton.

If Franklin came before Tippett, we would still have Mumford instead.

Tippett was gotten as a "marquee" player who was quickly overshadowed.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Not even close! Dermott Brereton.
    Nick Daffy

Can someone remind me what we gave up in the trade for Tippet. If draft picks, what did the crows use them on ?

Dont worry, I found out myself. We have up nothing. Got him in the pre-season draft.

Therefore this is actually the deal of the century FOR us. Ok, the initial contract had to be big to ward off others from pre-season draft, but completely our own fault for extending contract on high money.

Tippett may not have lived up to the $800K player he was paid, but if he was getting $600K he'd be well loved.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Nick Daffy
    Stephen Tingay

Veterans List
    Hell, we copped an absolute pasting On the Couch last night over Tippett. He's blamed for all our woes and we just have to get him off our list, even if we pay part of his salary to get another club to take him.

Given the output I'd say $450K and be lucky to get that.

I don't think any of the other players listed were expected to be "the missing piece" that Tippet was.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Hell, we copped an absolute pasting On the Couch last night over Tippett. He's blamed for all our woes and we just have to get him off our list, even if we pay part of his salary to get another club to take him.
    I wouldnt listen to that melbourne-centric BS. The Melbourne "accredited" media pack have worked themselves into a frenzy about this. They have hated us for getting Tippett in the first place.

It's easy to say that it's a bad deal in hindsight but at the time there would have been plenty of clubs happy to take Tippett on at his price.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    Given the output I'd say $450K and be lucky to get that.

I don't think any of the other players listed were expected to be "the missing piece" that Tippet was.
    Tippett is the type of player who, unfortunetly for him, played the occasional blinder game. Remember his first year, he didnt play until round 12 (due to suspension) but still topped our goal kickers for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It's easy to say that it's a bad deal in hindsight but at the time there would have been plenty of clubs happy to take Tippett on at his price.
    Gold Coast was interested in Tippett at last years trade period. Swans had a chance to offload him and keep Nankervis.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Stephen Tingay
    It's a growing list.