Page 403 of 463 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453 ... LastLast
Results 4,825 to 4,836 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

The footy media hey. A week ago we were back in town and ready to dominate the back half of the season. We then lose a game by a kick and our List Management is now appalling. All of that in the space of a week.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    The footy media hey. A week ago we were back in town and ready to dominate the back half of the season. We then lose a game by a kick and our List Management is now appalling. All of that in the space of a week.
    A bit like some of our "supporters" Plugger46.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Nick Daffy
    What about that over the hill Melbourne rover in the 80's. Can't remember his name but he was woeful

I don't know about others but I have been critical of Tippet from the start when he was suspended. Sadly there's been little improvement since then.

As for this season I was alarmed from the opening seconds against Port when we looked lethargic and disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Not even close! Dermott Brereton.
    Scottie Russell
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Tippett is worthy of scrutiny.

He has played two outstanding games in his career, neither in red and white.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Agreed I have found the wailing and gnashing of teeth of some of those " supporters" along with threats to tear up memberships, sack the coach, and amazing trading hindsight has been more annoying and frustrating than the onfield performance of our team
    Supporter is defined by the Oxford dictionary as as a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team. Not sure that everyone posting on this site would meet that definition.
    BTW we are still mathematically a chance for the finals ????So I for one have not given up hope

Nothing wrong with demanding success Faunac8. As we know premierships are very hard to win, and you need a bit of luck. Any season you dont win one, especially with a list that can, is a wasted opportunity. You never know when the next one is coming. Look at the Brisbane lions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Tippett is worthy of scrutiny.

He has played two outstanding games in his career, neither in red and white.
    He played a great game against Carlton a few years back in the wet at the SCG.

Tippett must be reeling from the scathing criticism he's been getting the past week. If there's any time to make a statement for him, it's now. I would let him be the main ruckman and give him the chance to get around the ball and show what kind of pride and fortitude he's got.

Senior Player
    I can't see us off loading Tippo when he only has 2018 to go. Realistically, who would
    want him? I can see him signing one year deals for half the money after next year.
    Pity he's too old to turn into a Tom Scully (twice the player he was earning half the
    money he used to get).

Veterans List
    He might just retire at the end of the year and follow TD onto the catwalk. Saw TD strutting his stuff on TV recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Agreed I have found the wailing and gnashing of teeth of some of those " supporters" along with threats to tear up memberships, sack the coach, and amazing trading hindsight has been more annoying and frustrating than the onfield performance of our team
    Supporter is defined by the Oxford dictionary as as a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team. Not sure that everyone posting on this site would meet that definition.
    BTW we are still mathematically a chance for the finals ????So I for one have not given up hope
    That is one word the Oxford got wrong. How then do they describe the poms on the terraces at the soccer.