Page 442 of 463 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452 ... LastLast
Results 5,293 to 5,304 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Just wild about Harry
    Someone at work was telling me that Eddie was using his radio stint this morning to air some conspiracy theories. I also heard last night on the radio that Tippett was on "1 mill" per year, etc and his salary should be applied over the original term of his contract so that we are not rorting, etc. It seems to me that the Melbourne public is confusing the Tippett deal with the Buddy deal. Oh well, the guys at work sure know how to get me to bite...

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Someone at work was telling me that Eddie was using his radio stint this morning to air some conspiracy theories. I also heard last night on the radio that Tippett was on "1 mill" per year, etc and his salary should be applied over the original term of his contract so that we are not rorting, etc. It seems to me that the Melbourne public is confusing the Tippett deal with the Buddy deal. Oh well, the guys at work sure know how to get me to bite...
    The "Buddy deal", i.e. we pay his contract out in full if he retires early, is a one-off deal that only applies to the Swans and Buddy.
    The AFL didn't like the deal we made (remember "they" were banking on him going to GW$), so they attached the special conditions (i.e. the payout if he retires early) as a punishment for us going behind their backs to snare the Bud. If I remember correctly, the special conditions were attached AFTER the contract was signed because of the furore of Eddie Everywhere. I could be wrong, but that's the way I remember it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Was Cloke forced to retire?
    I think he was made an offer he couldn�t refuse.

I reckon if the coach tells a player he doesn�t see them in the best 22 or won�t play them again, then that player has little choice other than to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The "Buddy deal", i.e. we pay his contract out in full if he retires early, is a one-off deal that only applies to the Swans and Buddy.
    The AFL didn't like the deal we made (remember "they" were banking on him going to GW$), so they attached the special conditions (i.e. the payout if he retires early) as a punishment for us going behind their backs to snare the Bud. If I remember correctly, the special conditions were attached AFTER the contract was signed because of the furore of Eddie Everywhere. I could be wrong, but that's the way I remember it.
    Ditto. Don�t recall Tom Boyd�s contract having the same stipulation when he crossed to the Dogs. But I could be wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think he was made an offer he couldn�t refuse.

I reckon if the coach tells a player he doesn�t see them in the best 22 or won�t play them again, then that player has little choice other than to retire.
    Depends. To be paid a truckload to play ressies (minus senior match payments) could be appealing if you had no other job prospects. Would imagine Cloke had other options though, but some players might not (hard to imagine in today�s day and age that they don�t prepare for life after footy, but not impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    Tippett said: "the reality is that my body isn�t going to stand up to the rigors of professional football. As I've found out in the past 18 months or so, it's impossible to play at the level you want without being fully fit".
    Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    The Club said: "the length of his recovery and doubts about being able to get back to his best, led to his decision to retire".
    Harley said: "Retirement is never an easy decision and I know that Kurt�s decision was not made lightly".
    Longmire said: "It takes courage to admit when your body isn�t up to playing at the level you want".
    His manager said: "A lot of things he�s done along the journey at the Swans have been to help the club, and in some ways he�s doing that now by walking away from a lucrative contract".
    Trump said: "There was no collusion."

QED

Cloke forced out based on the reality of not being in the 22 - Clubs call and most likely nearly all of his small contract paid out
    Tippett retired based on the desire to not have to keep rehabbing and the injury and recovery being a lot longer than expected - his decision and a club favourable payout
    Mumford forced to retire based on medical recommendation, would have been a full payout of his contract based on debilitation or a lower payout and the promise of a coaching Role next year when off the list

This is the key bit of information regarding the Tippo payout. Once you know this, everything else makes sense.

Category: | Herald Sun

Had it been a career-ending injury, Sydney would have been forced to pay Tippett the full amount of his contract over the next three years... Because the ankle reconstruction Tippett had in October wasn�t a career-ending injury, Swans football manager Tom Harley has been [allowed] to negotiate a reduced figure on his payout.

Harley told SEN radio "There are strict definitions around what constitutes career-ending injuries. It means you aren�t able to play and that isn�t what�s happened to Kurt. [that's why] ... We won�t have to carry his salary for the full term of his three years remaining,�

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    My feeling was that the club would have preferred a fit and firing tippo to be playing next few seasons not the retirement option
    We all would have, but that was never going to happen.

Even when he was at Adelaide he was injury prone. Great footballer, but he just didn't have the body to handle the rigour of the physicality of AFL.

He was never going to be in our first 22 this season. Having a $500k player playing most of the season in the NEAFL is comparable to flushing money down the toilet.

This result, and especially the fact that he retired (not because of a specific injury), is a fantastic result for us. I'm sure the club came to an agreement with him and said, "If you retire, we'll pay out part of your contract as an employee" resulting in the freeing up of our cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The outcome. Tippett retired. Swans get salary cap relief.

Tippett had the option to receive $600k a year for the next 3 years by just showing up and following the protocols for recovery. But a result more favourable to the Swans ensued. One can assume that it was all just circumstantial. I side with the ingenuity of the Swans' management.

Call it imagination if you wish. Hallucination is my usual state of mind, so that comes out looking almost normal.
    Surely if you think they are smart for getting out of a bad contract, they must be dumb as bat@@@@ for inking the contract to start with?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    This is the key bit of information regarding the Tippo payout. Once you know this, everything else makes sense.

Category: | Herald Sun

Had it been a career-ending injury, Sydney would have been forced to pay Tippett the full amount of his contract over the next three years... Because the ankle reconstruction Tippett had in October wasn�t a career-ending injury, Swans football manager Tom Harley has been [allowed] to negotiate a reduced figure on his payout.

Harley told SEN radio "There are strict definitions around what constitutes career-ending injuries. It means you aren�t able to play and that isn�t what�s happened to Kurt. [that's why] ... We won�t have to carry his salary for the full term of his three years remaining,�
    Seems a strange distinction? If he broke his leg with a compound fracture we'd have to pay him the full measure..?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Trump said: "There was no collusion."

QED
    Fake news!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Ah Eddie Everywhere, just can't help himself. The reality is that he Eddie Maguire has in the last six years managed to turn the wealthiest club from a Premier into an also ran courtesy of his man crush on Buckley.

Eddie doesn't want his failure in the spotlight so he orchestrates other things for people to focus on, like Northern academies and rorting salary caps. He has become a sad individual, albeit a very wealthy one. As we hold their second rounder this year and to stick it to Eddie some more, we all need to hope that the Pies have another poor season.