Page 443 of 463 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453 ... LastLast
Results 5,305 to 5,316 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ah Eddie Everywhere, just can't help himself. The reality is that he Eddie Maguire has in the last six years managed to turn the wealthiest club from a Premier into an also ran courtesy of his man crush on Buckley.

Eddie doesn't want his failure in the spotlight so he orchestrates other things for people to focus on, like Northern academies and rorting salary caps. He has become a sad individual, albeit a very wealthy one. As we hold their second rounder this year and to stick it to Eddie some more, we all need to hope that the Pies have another poor season.
    #MelbourneStars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    This is the key bit of information regarding the Tippo payout. Once you know this, everything else makes sense.

Category: | Herald Sun

Had it been a career-ending injury, Sydney would have been forced to pay Tippett the full amount of his contract over the next three years... Because the ankle reconstruction Tippett had in October wasn�t a career-ending injury, Swans football manager Tom Harley has been [allowed] to negotiate a reduced figure on his payout.

Harley told SEN radio "There are strict definitions around what constitutes career-ending injuries. It means you aren�t able to play and that isn�t what�s happened to Kurt. [that's why] ... We won�t have to carry his salary for the full term of his three years remaining,�
    Yeah, injuries are very different to retirements.
    Just hope Kurt follows the script if/when the AFL question him
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Good thing Mike Fitzpatrick is no longer heading up the AFL Commission or we would surely be looking at some heavy sanctions.

Warming the Bench
    Well, it might explain why Horse was so glowing in his comments on the upcoming AFL X series, in contrast to virtually everyone else who has had an opinion on it...

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Surely if you think they are smart for getting out of a bad contract, they must be dumb as bat@@@@ for inking the contract to start with?
    The decision to recruit him was sound based on the assumptions at the time.
    The low barrier to trigger contract extensions definitely wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Surely if you think they are smart for getting out of a bad contract, they must be dumb as bat@@@@ for inking the contract to start with?
    When they inked the contract, Tipoff was as fit as firing as he had ever been.
    It's not his fault he's made of plastic.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    When they inked the contract, Tipoff was as fit as firing as he had ever been.
    It's not his fault he's made of plastic.
    Annie is right. When he signed the big concern was multiple serious concussions. This has barely been issue since. Pity everything else fell apart since

Good too see you resuscitating this thread Annie

Tippett!!

Yeah well being kneed in the face by the third man up in ruck contest would probably crack most people�s jaws. And having your head driven into the ground by Mumford would probably badly daze most people. And going over on your ankle the way Tippett�s original ankle injury occurred would probably break most people�s ankles. (The video footage makes me cringe when I look at it.)

Tippett had a lot of rotten bad luck. There was more to it than �plastic�.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yeah well being kneed in the face by the third man up in ruck contest would probably crack most people�s jaws. And having your head driven into the ground by Mumford would probably badly daze most people. And going over on your ankle the way Tippett�s original ankle injury occurred would probably break most people�s ankles. (The video footage makes me cringe when I look at it.)

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

My point was more that his first contract was fine, in contrast to Barry�s view

Veterans List
    Saw Tippett at Bondi Junction on the weekend, so he's clearly staying in town - had slimmed down remarkably, I reckon 10 kgs from his playing weight already.

Tippett said in that interview video on Swans site that he would be staying in Sydney and one thing he had planned was to finish some studies he was part way through.

Pushing for Selection
    I note the thread is Tippett but is not definitive in regard to which Tippett... Therefore I present Gretel's omission from the Commonwealth Games squad as remaing on topic https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/05/...netball-return