Page 451 of 456 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,412 of 5463

Thread: Tippett!!

  1. #5401
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,986
    All I see here is a chance that Tippett may make a comeback
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  2. #5402
    WTF? We're going to re-draft Tippett as a rookie despite the fact that he won't be playing. Clearly he is still under our salary cap STILL! Boy, were we ripped off on that deal. I'm curious as to why we are having to pay his salary when Scumthorn aren't paying Rioli's.

  3. #5403
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,644
    I've heard around the traps that he may be making a playing comeback in the Bendigo League for Strathfieldsaye

    Not confirmed obviously, but he would dominate at that level

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    WTF? We're going to re-draft Tippett as a rookie despite the fact that he won't be playing. Clearly he is still under our salary cap STILL! Boy, were we ripped off on that deal. I'm curious as to why we are having to pay his salary when Scumthorn aren't paying Rioli's.
    Every situation is different, but I'm guessing the Hawks had enough salary cap space to pay out Cyril in 2018

    I note that they also have Langford on the rookie list next year as they couldn't fit his payout in as well

  4. #5404
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    All I see here is a chance that Tippett may make a comeback
    may this thread never die

  5. #5405
    Ankles permitting

  6. #5406
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post


    Every situation is different, but I'm guessing the Hawks had enough salary cap space to pay out Cyril in 2018
    There may have been no payout required to Rioli. He seems to have made a unilateral decision to retire. In contrast, Tippett's ability to play on was compromised by his injuries, and he and the club reached a negotiated payout. In theory, he was entitled to all his remaining contract given his retirement was injury driven, rather than lifestyle driven.

  7. #5407
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Posts
    6,386
    A little more info from Jake Niall:

    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...09-p50ezm.html
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

  8. #5408
    We won't be free of his salary until 2020. This move helps us save some cap space but probably explains why things are still tight.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  9. #5409
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I've heard around the traps that he may be making a playing comeback in the Bendigo League for Strathfieldsaye
    Not confirmed obviously, but he would dominate at that level
    - - - Updated - - -
    I would imagine that he won't be able to play anywhere if he is on our rookie list. Surely you can't be on two lists at the same time.

  10. #5410
    Goes up to 11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,975
    Surely this will now put to bed anyone defending the idea that his contract was ever a good deal for us.
    An absolute shocker....

  11. #5411
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Surely this will now put to bed anyone defending the idea that his contract was ever a good deal for us.
    An absolute shocker....
    Well well. If I was Harley I'd be making Tippo earn his payout. He would look pretty good as a runner (will need to tape those ankles). Or failing that, he could always be a dish pig, sell cornettos on game day, become Cygnet, do the laundry. The possibilities are endless!

  12. #5412
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Surely this will now put to bed anyone defending the idea that his contract was ever a good deal for us.
    An absolute shocker....
    In hindsight, agreed.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO