Page 458 of 463 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462 ... LastLast
Results 5,485 to 5,496 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Then who would run the country?
    Indeed.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Indeed.
    Well Kurt Tippett's about to formally resign from his job...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Well Kurt Tippett's about to formally resign from his job...
    Does that mean this thread will die? 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Does that mean this thread will die? 😞
    I think it might be time for this thread to hang up its boots when Tippo does.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think it might be time for this thread to hang up its boots when Tippo does.
    Is this it then...

Tippett finally retires, but Swans blocked on father-son

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Thanks Neilfws. Not good news on Kyke Dunkley that the AFL we won't allow F/S to be nominated in mid year draft. Doesn't make sense to me. If we're still bottom in 3 weeks time we still get first dibs at him.

With Tippett finally off of our books it's worth contemplating where his recruitment sits in terms of the worst acquisitions in our club history. He ended up costing little in terms of trades as we ended up getting him without actually trading for him. However, his very high, long-term salary probably meant we lost some good players along the way due to salary cap constraints (Mitchell). Unlike Buddy he never reached great heights as a player for us due to injuries and inconsistent form. He was essentially being paid the salary of two topliners across his 6 years at our Club. At least the pain is over now and he and the Swans can move on!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    It didn't come up in the last injury report, but has anyone heard whether Kurt has been booked in for surgery or perhaps a sandblast to finally get his footy jumper off. It was pretty tight fitting as Matthew Richardson pointed out on numerous occasions.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    With Tippett finally off of our books it's worth contemplating where his recruitment sits in terms of the worst acquisitions in our club history. He ended up costing little in terms of trades as we ended up getting him without actually trading for him. However, his very high, long-term salary probably meant we lost some good players along the way due to salary cap constraints (Mitchell). Unlike Buddy he never reached great heights as a player for us due to injuries and inconsistent form. He was essentially being paid the salary of two topliners across his 6 years at our Club. At least the pain is over now and he and the Swans can move on!

Let's go back to the beginning somewhere... I believe I said, oh no... he's made of plastic!!
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    With Tippett finally off of our books it's worth contemplating where his recruitment sits in terms of the worst acquisitions in our club history. He ended up costing little in terms of trades as we ended up getting him without actually trading for him. However, his very high, long-term salary probably meant we lost some good players along the way due to salary cap constraints (Mitchell).
    I think your methodology is sound, you need to look at what a recruit cost the club at the time, and in the long term. Some people still defend the Fields deal in the short term, in the longer term it's defenders get fewer.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Definitely cost us holding onto Mitchell. Had we hypothetically got Buddy first I wondered would we have still pursued Tippett, taking into consideration we recruited him as a key forward on big $$$$? The Buddy / Tippett double act never really fired a shot. Easy in hindsight, but at the time I was happy & excited we recruited Tippett after seeing him monster the Hawthorn backline in the 2012 PF. He was what we needed at the time to help make our forward line more potent. My only concern was the repeated head concussions he endured at Adelaide which raised some doubt on his longevity in the game, but thankfully that didn't eventuate. Unfortunately it was injury and form that got him in the end. He was very much a confidence player who needed continuity to get to his best form. His Time with us was punctuated with too many stop/starts. No regrets club took him on. What might've been!!!
    Last edited by KSAS; 10th May 2019 at 09:48 AM.

Looks like this thread will fall just short of 5500 posts as Tippett finally departs.!Thanks for your service Kurt. Final act of Swans loyalty, retiring to give us an early pick in the mid-season draft. Deserves some votes for our Best Clubman 2019