Page 460 of 463 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463 LastLast
Results 5,509 to 5,520 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

On its way to 6000 posts a Tony Lockett style comeback is all it will take

Tony Lockett style comeback is all it will take

Or a Mumford style comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I heard Gretel Tippett mentioned in the netball coverage. How's she doing?
    I'm a QLD Firebirds fan and watch most of their games. She's awesome and is never injured. If she can kick straight, we should sign her to the inaugural Swans AFLW team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'm a QLD Firebirds fan and watch most of their games. She's awesome and is never injured. If she can kick straight, we should sign her to the inaugural Swans AFLW team.
    Maybe we can get her on a bit of a discount, because. .. you know. ..Kurt.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I heard Gretel Tippett mentioned in the netball coverage. How's she doing?
    I don't know much about netball, but I learned a lot from this article. Apparently Gretel is a "polarising figure", gets accused of being too physical, is a great shot for goal and even Toby Greene gets a mention!

I figured that was worth a post to the thread

Gretel Tippett: netball’s most polarising figure heading for World Cup | Erin Delahunty | Sport | The Guardian

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I don't know much about netball, but I learned a lot from this article. Apparently Gretel is a "polarising figure", gets accused of being too physical, is a great shot for goal and even Toby Greene gets a mention!

I figured that was worth a post to the thread

Gretel Tippett: netball’s most polarising figure heading for World Cup | Erin Delahunty | Sport | The Guardian
    I contemplated reviving this thread when I read that piece earlier today. Excellent article.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I contemplated reviving this thread when I read that piece earlier today. Excellent article.
    Ditto.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Ditto.
    Ditto ditto.

As an ex-netballer from a more sedate era, I love what Gretel Tippett has brought to netball.

Veterans List
    I was just meandering though youtube and came across this.....and may I say to all the hindsight heroes who bemoan Tipp's recruitment, this is why we recruited him and the evidence in this package is compelling.....and as such, his recruitment was a masterstroke at the time. View it and weep at what we didn't get consistently enough.... At his best, he was unstoppable....a beast. Unfortunately, his best was with Adelaide....

Kurt Tippett career highlights - YouTube

NB: It should be titled 'Kurt Tippet Crows career highlights'......there's nothing of him as a Swan. It's sort of SwansTV's 'welcome to the Swans KT' package, after he first arrived.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 2nd June 2019 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I was just meandering though youtube and came across this.....and may I say to all the hindsight heroes who bemoan Tipp's recruitment, this is why we recruited him and the evidence in this package is compelling.....and his recruitment was a masterstroke at the time. View it and weep at what we didn't get consistently enough....
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I was just meandering though youtube and came across this.....and may I say to all the hindsight heroes who bemoan Tipp's recruitment, this is why we recruited him and the evidence in this package is compelling.....and as such, his recruitment was a masterstroke at the time. View it and weep at what we didn't get consistently enough.... At his best, he was unstoppable....a beast. Unfortunately, his best was with Adelaide....

Kurt Tippett career highlights - YouTube

NB: It should be titled 'Kurt Tippet Crows career highlights'......there's nothing of him as a Swan. It's sort of SwansTV's 'welcome to the Swans KT' package, after he first arrived.
    Yeah. No.
    He did nothing for us like he did at Adelaide.
    To think my biggest concern was his propensity for concussions... ugh.
    I don't think he had one concussion while he was here. Pity the rest of his plastic body fell apart.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yeah. No.
    He did nothing for us like he did at Adelaide.
    Yep, that was my point.....