Page 461 of 463 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463 LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,532 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Veterans List
    Damn injuries.....we were so close! Here's Kurt's 7th game for us.....6 goals and he's fit and firing.

Kurt Tippett bags 6 goals: R19 2013 - YouTube

Did anyone see the 9 retro footy card phone wallpapers that the Swans kindly made available?

I did notice one was missing though ... but I finally managed to track it down
    Last edited by goswannies; 20th June 2019 at 09:39 PM.

In response to the enquiry, on whether we can reopen the Tippett thread: yes, yes we can.

Dew's old mate to give Suns' young talls some extra tips

Please, god, no! Can we not let this zombie thread die a natural death? I haven't understood the affection people have had for it.

No thanks to you, DV44! Between us, we will now probably launch another round of postings and I will just have to suck it up. :P
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Please, god, no! Can we not let this zombie thread die a natural death? I haven't understood the affection people have had for it.

No thanks to you, DV44! Between us, we will now probably launch another round of postings and I will just have to suck it up. :P
    I just think that people quite like, a thread that is more resilient than the player.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I just think that people quite like, a thread that is more resilient than the player.
    I'll add another post D44. You don't need a comma in that sentence.

Its interesting to see that Kurt has wound up living on the Gold Coast. I wonder what he is doing to earn a living? His Sun role is only part-time. The Suns really have a Swans feel about them now when you add in Shaw and Dew.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Its interesting to see that Kurt has wound up living on the Gold Coast. I wonder what he is doing to earn a living? His Sun role is only part-time.
    I read an article late 2019 in which it said Kurt had taken a job in Clarence Property, a funds management business with an office in Robina (Gold Coast area). I think Kurt completed a commerce/business degree here in Sydney after finishing up with the Swans. His father is on the board of directors of the company so it might have been the culmination of a career plan.

I also read that Kurt is back into playing basketball and also surfing. Probably both welcome relief for his body after the battering it took in football.

I think Kurt and his wife Chloe have two children now, a boy and a girl. Chloe was a top-grade super netballer so the children may grow up to be good athletes. No use to the Swans unfortunately...

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    No use to the Swans unfortunately...
    At the moment no, but the father son requirements have changed so often you never know.
    The 100 games requirement was applied almost 20 years ago, to stop clubs getting "free kicks." The introduction of the bidding system largely reduced this risk, but the 100 game requirement remained.

Unfortunately the 100 game requirement disadvantages historically less successful clubs, like the Swans.
    If the currant 100 game requirement had always applied, then Sydney would have missed out on 80% of the father-sons that have played with the club since it came North.

Last year there was some discussion that the games requirement was too high, but it sort of evaporated when the scale of the rorting of "Next Generation Academy" became apparent.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Traitor Tippo.
    Every club needs a behinds coach.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    At the moment no, but the father son requirements have changed so often you never know.
    The 100 games requirement was applied almost 20 years ago, to stop clubs getting "free kicks." The introduction of the bidding system largely reduced this risk, but the 100 game requirement remained.

Unfortunately the 100 game requirement disadvantages historically less successful clubs, like the Swans.
    If the currant 100 game requirement had always applied, then Sydney would have missed out on 80% of the father-sons that have played with the club since it came North.

Last year there was some discussion that the games requirement was too high, but it sort of evaporated when the scale of the rorting of "Next Generation Academy" became apparent.
    Perhaps we might get lucky and they'll change it to "paid to play 100 games".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    This isn't quite right. I'm hopeful that well before the Tippett kids grow up we'll have an AFLW team and the eligibility threshold for father-daughter is much lower so his daughter might be eligible.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)