Page 462 of 462 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462
Results 5,533 to 5,543 of 5543

Thread: Tippett!!

  1. #5533
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW, Costa Lantana
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Perhaps we might get lucky and they'll change it to "paid to play 100 games".
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

  2. #5534
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Back here
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    +1
    The Tom Papley Backpack $39.99 from the RWO merchandise tab - if only!

  3. #5535
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Its interesting to see that Kurt has wound up living on the Gold Coast. I wonder what he is doing to earn a living? His Sun role is only part-time. The Suns really have a Swans feel about them now when you add in Shaw and Dew.
    He was on big coin with us so no need to work for a while.

  4. #5536
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Back here
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    This isn't quite right. I'm hopeful that well before the Tippett kids grow up we'll have an AFLW team and the eligibility threshold for father-daughter is much lower so his daughter might be eligible.
    In view of Kurt's fragility and the curse that seems to afflict the Swans Father-Sons - I think his kids would be better off elsewhere rather than risking a curse squared.

    The Swans Father-Son curse:

    Gareth John (crushed larynx)
    Stephen Doyle (Ankles and knees)
    Heath James (Everything)
    Sean Dempster (bad trade)
    Tom Mitchell (bad trade)
    Shane Morrison (went elsewhere)
    David Round (went elsewhere)
    Anthony & Darcy Daniher (went elsewhere)
    Josh & Kyle Dunkley (went elsewhere)
    Ty Zantuck (went elsewhere)

    And that's not including the players whose fathers didn't reach the relevant games qualification number.
    The Tom Papley Backpack $39.99 from the RWO merchandise tab - if only!

  5. #5537
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    In view of Kurt's fragility and the curse that seems to afflict the Swans Father-Sons - I think his kids would be better off elsewhere rather than risking a curse squared.

    The Swans Father-Son curse:

    Gareth John (crushed larynx)
    Stephen Doyle (Ankles and knees)
    Heath James (Everything)
    Sean Dempster (bad trade)
    Tom Mitchell (bad trade)
    Shane Morrison (went elsewhere)
    David Round (went elsewhere)
    Anthony & Darcy Daniher (went elsewhere)
    Josh & Kyle Dunkley (went elsewhere)
    Ty Zantuck (went elsewhere)

    And that's not including the players whose fathers didn't reach the relevant games qualification number.
    You are forgetting the fact that he’s crossed his DNA with a broader gene pool. Unlike a pug. There’s every chance his progeny will be made of sturdier material than he was.

  6. #5538
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    You are forgetting the fact that he’s crossed his DNA with a broader gene pool. Unlike a pug. There’s every chance his progeny will be made of sturdier material than he was.
    You just made me laugh aloud in public.

  7. #5539
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    In view of Kurt's fragility and the curse that seems to afflict the Swans Father-Sons - I think his kids would be better off elsewhere rather than risking a curse squared.

    The Swans Father-Son curse:

    Gareth John (crushed larynx)
    Stephen Doyle (Ankles and knees)
    Heath James (Everything)
    Sean Dempster (bad trade)
    Tom Mitchell (bad trade)
    Shane Morrison (went elsewhere)
    David Round (went elsewhere)
    Anthony & Darcy Daniher (went elsewhere)
    Josh & Kyle Dunkley (went elsewhere)
    Ty Zantuck (went elsewhere)

    And that's not including the players whose fathers didn't reach the relevant games qualification number.
    Gareth John - struck down by a karate chop by Simon Madden.

  8. #5540
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Back here
    Posts
    2,585
    I wasn't at that game but have heard that it was Maddens knee or worse yet his boot.
    If anyone knows for sure?
    The Tom Papley Backpack $39.99 from the RWO merchandise tab - if only!

  9. #5541
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Blaxland
    Posts
    985
    I thought knee. I seem to recall he slipped during a ruck contest. Falling forward throat connecting with raised knee.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

  10. #5542
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Back here
    Posts
    2,585
    Thanks snajik - Sounds plausibly accidental.
    Rucks, right down to U12 were taught to use their knee as protection (and leverage) at the bounce.
    The Tom Papley Backpack $39.99 from the RWO merchandise tab - if only!

  11. #5543
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Thanks snajik - Sounds plausibly accidental.
    Rucks, right down to U12 were taught to use their knee as protection (and leverage) at the bounce.
    You know, if they could get it reasonably realistic, I'd probably buy the Tom Papley backpack. But of course, if it was realistic, it would have to retail for much more than $39.99.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO