Page 4 of 463 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

In the latter part of the season, the structure of the Swans was successful with the playing of 2 ruckmen.

Injuries aside, we do not need a forward/pinch hitter ruckman like Tippett. We have LRT available anyway, if needed

Get a grip people. Tippet in with no major loss, would make us hot favourites for back to back.
    If you need sone romantic crutch, think of it as doing all we can for goodsey before he hangs up the boots

Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    Don't want. Will be paying well over his value at that price, and would be toxic to the culture that's been established. It's a very 90's move, and the club has moved on from that point.
    Why would it be toxic to the culture? I don't ever remember Tippett being involved in anything untoward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Why would it be toxic to the culture? I don't ever remember Tippett being involved in anything untoward.
    This is the second time he's @@@@@@ around the Crows with his contract - he already did it 2 years ago with the Gold Coast coming in. They've been paying him way too much for the past couple of years anyway as a result of being held to ransom. And he's played pretty ordinary footy since signing up for far more than he's worth.

he's not a dirty player on the field or anything, but he doesn't strike me as a "team first" kind of guy, and not in a Mitch Morton "has too many pings at goal" sort of way, which is more of a footy defect than a personality one.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Get a grip people. Tippet in with no major loss, would make us hot favourites for back to back.
    If you need sone romantic crutch, think of it as doing all we can for goodsey before he hangs up the boots
    If we sign him for the sort of cash he's reportedly after, then it'll be a struggle to pay Hanners, JPK, Jack, Johnson et all the sort of money they're worth (and deserve). The only way we could manage it is if we make healthy use of our Cost of Living allowance, but if we're dipping in to that allowance to pay massive overs for a player like Tippett, we don't deserve it.

On the Rookie List
    It seems to me he has been looking to get out the whole way along. Not one commentator hear in SA has had a good word to say about his form all year except for prelim. night. So he may not have played his best as his heart was not in it with the Crows. So if he was looking to go to the best offer, he should want to impress his new club. Unless his new club is already known. Which it is. He will be playing for the Suns as sure as all our arses point downward. Pardon the crassness.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Get a grip people. Tippet in with no major loss.....
    barry, how can we achieve that?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I don't think we need him, he has got that injury cloud hanging over his head & his form doesn't warrent that sort of money. With another preseason into Sam Reid, Tommy Walsh (who is improving) & LRT up there, we don't need another tall forward. We have plenty of mid/forwards that have been kicking the goals.

Go Bloods

A few tweets by journo's in the past few minutes suggest we are right in the race up to our neck. Can't see it myself...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I'd rather see JPK signed up for the next 5 years and Mike Pyke for the next 2- 3 before we start looking outside.

Happy enough to go into next year more or less unchanged, but have to admit that a Tippett-Reid combo would be awesome. Trust the Swans management to get the salary parameters right. I don't think they would make a deal that upsets a successful team balance from a salary standpoint.

If we did get Tippett, I would venture that the bookies would make us equal favourites with Hawthorn for next year.

On the trade side of things, I would not be surprised to see Grundy as part of a deal for Tippett, and perhaps another player as well. Tippett forces LRT out of the forward line and he's too good to leave out of the 18, which is why I think that Grundy might be offered up as part of a deal so we can make room for LRT to return to the back line. Tippett also limits the opportunities for hopefuls like Walsh, Spangher and Lockyer, so all this needs to be part of the equation.

There must be some truth the rumours that we are making a play for him, but hard to say if it's just a look-in or he's someone that we have targeted. Knowing our history in such matters, we shouldn't be surprised if Tippett had been in our sights for some time. If it was just a choice between GC and Brisbane, I think it would have been settled by now. Premiership opportunities may play a part in the selling the Swans over the others.

I am finding that the post season trade dramas are keeping the Premiership feelings alive, because every time we are mentioned as part of some deal it starts with something like: "2012 Premiers Sydney........".

So optimistic about next year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    I know that a lot of people on here were highly critical of Roos for his "premiership credits" policy and that the team must continue to evolve to stay at the top, but am I the only one who feels a little bit sick at the prospect of Tippett coming in and taking a spot from one of the blokes who gave so much of themselves just a few days ago?

No doubt I'll get over it if it does happen, but I hope they don't trade for Tippett.
    No I feel sick at the thought of it too. Geez do't get time to enjoy winning before you are put up as a possible trade.