Page 51 of 463 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

Tippett?

They'll be collecting a poisoned chalice I reckon. Unless they can get him to actually buy in to GC, he won't give 100%

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Regarding Mummy, the sausages ARE BETTER at Bunyip Flats.

Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Big Al is an expert on sausages and BBQ's so he may have an alternative opinion on the best snorkers. Not sure he has been to Bunyip Flats though.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I wonder what it would take to prise pick 12 from GWS - the pick they've just secured from St Kilda. They already have picks 1,2 and 3 in the ND and may view 12 as expendable, particularly if we gave them our first round pick as part of the deal. Pick 12 to the Crows is equivalent to what the Dees paid last year for Clark and the circumstances are similar (and the players of similar calibre).

So long as they got a decent return, I think GWS wouldn't be against helping us out. They know it will be a few years before they are challenging, and I think they well understand how a strong Swans side now is beneficial to them as it keeps interest high in Sydney while they themselves are hopeless.

So what might they want along with pick 22 (or whatever it is) to give us pick 12? They really ought to be interested in some stronger, more mature bodies to help their young squad, but on the other hand, won't want list cloggers as next year they will need to start shedding some players.
    I agree pick 12 from gws is not impossible. What is a ludicrous suggestion is that somehow K Sheedy and GWS would somehow 'help us out'

No way will they trade based on another Sydney team being successful. Anyone at GWS who did, or even suggested it, would be sacked from the football dept immediately.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymno4 View Post
    I agree pick 12 from gws is not impossible. What is a ludicrous suggestion is that somehow K Sheedy and GWS would somehow 'help us out'

No way will they trade based on another Sydney team being successful. Anyone at GWS who did, or even suggested it, would be sacked from the football dept immediately.
    No so sure about that. Sheedy was pretty upbeat about the need for the 2 AFL sides to succeed in Sydney when he was on Footy 360 in GF week.

Adelaide has said the handshake deal with Tippett is out the window because he is not wanting to go home - they therefore want greater compensation. Andrew Ireland also denied that the Swans had a 'blanket rule' about not trading premiership players.

Tough talk on Caddy and Tippett

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No so sure about that. Sheedy was pretty upbeat about the need for the 2 AFL sides to succeed in Sydney when he was on Footy 360 in GF week.
    It is seriously naive to believe GWS will 'help us out' with trading to let Tippett come to Sydney.

Sheedy would never be party to that, nor should he, or any professional afl club

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Adelaide has said the handshake deal with Tippett is out the window because he is not wanting to go home - they therefore want greater compensation. Andrew Ireland also denied that the Swans had a 'blanket rule' about not trading premiership players.

Tough talk on Caddy and Tippett
    Tippett was born in Sydney, wasn't he? Isn't that "coming home"?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I wonder what it would take to prise pick 12 from GWS - the pick they've just secured from St Kilda. They already have picks 1,2 and 3 in the ND and may view 12 as expendable, particularly if we gave them our first round pick as part of the deal. Pick 12 to the Crows is equivalent to what the Dees paid last year for Clark and the circumstances are similar (and the players of similar calibre).

So long as they got a decent return, I think GWS wouldn't be against helping us out. They know it will be a few years before they are challenging, and I think they well understand how a strong Swans side now is beneficial to them as it keeps interest high in Sydney while they themselves are hopeless.

So what might they want along with pick 22 (or whatever it is) to give us pick 12? They really ought to be interested in some stronger, more mature bodies to help their young squad, but on the other hand, won't want list cloggers as next year they will need to start shedding some players.
    If they have 4 picks in the first round, and plan to utilise all of them (as one would assume) they stlil need to delist one from their senior (by my count Clifton already delisted and Power & McDonald have retired). Bringing in another mature player would probably result in a need to cull one of their youngsters, a move they would be hesistant to make. Unless they have a specific liking for one of our fringe players I don't see GWS going down this route.

In any case, given that they traded #24 (plus #43 which they probably won't have used anyway) for #12, it would make little sense for them to go from #12 back to #22.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Have The Swans trading people got time to read all this.... I've been up half the night ...
    Guys , these posts might have to have a word limit.
    Let's just give the entire population of Adelaide a weeks holiday in Sydney... A bridge climb, a ferry ride to Manly, a Bike ride to Luna Park, a train ride to Katoomba and a tour of the Opera House... A an ice cream at Messinas..
    No, then they'd never go back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    No, then they'd never go back!!!!
    Would be cost effective, the entire population of Adelaide would only take up half the seats on a Manly Ferry.

Wow 51 Pages - hope a decision is made soon , it's doing my head in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Wow 51 Pages - hope a decision is made soon , it's doing my head in!!!
    Trade week is more like a fortnight this year. We could get to 100 pages before this thing is done.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph