Page 5 of 463 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

Veterans List
    Still can't see how we could get the trade done. I'd be very surprised if he ends up at the Swans.

Might be the usual ploy players use to pump up their value, Sydney seems to be mentioned as a destination for almost everyone except the ones that we do do target and get.

Veterans List
    I know "they" say that almost anyone is tradeable but it would be pretty rude to put Grundy on the table in a Tippett deal. He played a pretty good game on Saturday and I suspect we would be loathe to split up the best back 6 in the comp. Grundy makes his mistakes but I bet any other club would take him in an instant if he became available.

Experience would suggest that if we make a play for him, it will have been done with due diligence and will be the right move. I trust the recruiters and will watch with interest he next few weeks.

In light of the effort from 2012's list, it does seem a bit improbable that the Swans would give away much at the trade table other than draft picks and/or fringe players.

On the Rookie List
    Not sure if it was after 05 or 06 when we traded Dempster and Schnider but that made me SPEW-UP. Is Grundy's name up there only because Tippett is with an SA club and he is from SA? Has there been any talk of him wanting to go home.....?

If we draw a parallel from the Schnider & Dempster trades we should identify a solid, reliable, goes-about-his-business type defender with plenty of years ahead of him (smith/Johnson) and a forward pocket/midfielder who exerts forward pressure and kicks 20-30 goals a year (Mc Glynn/Rohan?Morton). These are probably our most tradeable commodities. I am not saying that I want these trades or that they should happen, but that we have traded in this way in the past. If as previously stated we have plenty of reserves for our key defensive posts we really are only crying out for someone who can take a mark in the F50 and convert.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Jesse white and 2nd rounder for tippet. Done.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Jesse white and 2nd rounder for tippet. Done.
    You are dreaming deals for non free agents can't be done until next week.

Regular in the Side
    i doubt collingwood are in the mix now they have signed Lynch from the toasters....may put us in the box seat for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Experience would suggest that if we make a play for him, it will have been done with due diligence and will be the right move. I trust the recruiters and will watch with interest he next few weeks.
    This

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Seems that Carlton are after him, presumably to bolster their forward line. If we are interested the other clubs will want to make sure we pay a high price as the defending premiers. May be too expensive.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    I know that a lot of people on here were highly critical of Roos for his "premiership credits" policy and that the team must continue to evolve to stay at the top, but am I the only one who feels a little bit sick at the prospect of Tippett coming in and taking a spot from one of the blokes who gave so much of themselves just a few days ago?

No doubt I'll get over it if it does happen, but I hope they don't trade for Tippett.
    Well it would clearly be either LRT or Pyke (and feasibly both!) that would make way so you'd have to get used to it. I just don't see what we have to get a deal done tbh - Parker? Johnson? Nothing particularly makes sense.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've often wondered if we might be keen on Dawes. I know he hasn't had the greatest year in 2012.
    Is this another player whose current club are not getting the most out of him, change in coach not working, role not suiting him?
    Could the Swans get the most out of him? Big body to help out Sam, can take a clunk, a bit of ruck depth, releases Lewie back to defence.

I'd swap Grundy for Tippet in a second. Sorry Reg, but Tippet is a talent which is very hard to find.