Page 8 of 463 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

If we are agressively chasing tippet id say that means we are losing someone good. Bolton and goodes spring to mind considering their age. Josh kennedy is also s worry.

Btw, I cant undetstand why clubs arent chasinv jesse white. Deems the ff/ruck s are worth their weight in gold

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If we are agressively chasing tippet id say that means we are losing someone good. Bolton and goodes spring to mind considering their age. Josh kennedy is also s worry.

Btw, I cant undetstand why clubs arent chasinv jesse white. Deems the ff/ruck s are worth their weight in gold
    I have the feeling that Jesse is being paid massive overs because he negotiated his contract when he was viewed as our messiah. If Jesse goes then we may have considerable room in the cap.

Tippett is the sort of player we need no doubt. Just think about Sam Reid and Kurt in the same team. It would also allow us to free up Adam. What makes me apprehensive is the suggested money and further, the compensation to validate the trade. The thought of trading away one of our premiership players or our young kids...well it makes me a little sick.

Whatever happens i'm trusting the club - they've taken us this far.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I do think Bolton may go - why would you not want to bow out at such a time? The fire still burns, but could it be that would he play on it may be one season too many, especially if there is ongoing issues with his knee that means his next game could be his last. Plus, I'm sure the club is very keen to fit Parker and then Mitchell into our top 22 as well, and they are both heir apparents to Mr Bolton. Will be a sad, sad day however for our wonderful club when Bolton gives it up.

I think goodesy will play on though - he is still so influential, and whilst he will need some reasonable recovery time from the PCL injury, he is still in good shape, and still is such a key player at key moments.

Kennedy is going nowhere.... and if he was, I doubt we'd be chasing a big name forward to replace him!

I hope there is someone out there that wants Jesse Jane. It would also not suprise me if he is on my than decent $$$. I still wonder how Tippett fits into our wage structure if he does come, but no doubt our very capable management team are all over it. We can only trust them, for when it comes to recruitment, they make very, very few mistakes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Tippett is the sort of player we need no doubt. Just think about Sam Reid and Kurt in the same team. It would also allow us to free up Adam. What makes me apprehensive is the suggested money and further, the compensation to validate the trade. The thought of trading away one of our premiership players or our young kids...well it makes me a little sick.

Whatever happens i'm trusting the club - they've taken us this far.
    The fear is what we have to offer them up to get him. I think he would be a good acquisition,and set us up very nicely for the next 5 or 6 seasons up forward. But we don't have much to offer unless we are willing to trade away a Premiership player. But, if reports are correct and its either us or the Suns, and the Suns know that they'll get him for nothing if they can get him through to the pre-season draft stage, then we are in a pretty reasonable negotiating position to get him for a decent price.

Tippett plus a Round 4 selection for Grundy and our 2nd and 3rd Round picks.

Reid to play as a defender again.

Tippett up forward with the aging Goodes and speedy Rohan and the .... LRT.

Grundy goes home to Adelaide.

Makes the side much stronger.

Everyone's a winner.

Problem solved.

Mods, you can close this thread now.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

We have three vet players at least and their salaries are not under the cap. Wouldn't be surprised if we are quite comfortable; smart recruiters etc.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Warming the Bench
    If Grundy doesn't want to leave them we can't trade him - goes against the whole idea of Bloods ethos and culture.
    We can't ask the players to adhere to it and then when they do trade them for a spasmodic basketballer and million bucks.
    We already have a spasmodic basketballer (Jesse)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Can't see any quotes there from the Swans so until they say something, I am taking all trade talks with a grain of salt. Could just be a rumour, ala Aker years ago, just to bump up his price?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    If Grundy doesn't want to leave them we can't trade him - goes against the whole idea of Bloods ethos and culture.
    We can't ask the players to adhere to it and then when they do trade them for a spasmodic basketballer and million bucks.
    We already have a spasmodic basketballer (Jesse)
    No player can be forced to move if they are under contract, but that does not mean that they can't be enticed to leave (e.g. Schneider) by a new club (money, opportunities, lifestyle, etc) or their current one (diminished opportunities, less money at next contract, etc).

Regular in the Side
    yes we seem to be the whipping boys when it comes to players salaries....
    " oh sydney want him and have offered thisssssssssssssssssssssss much"

I assume that Grundy is on the table because he was originally from SA? Is that the only reason?