Page 429 of 463 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439 ... LastLast
Results 5,137 to 5,148 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    At least Tippy's teammates kick it to him. Hard for flying FF to kick goals when your teammates don't want to pass it to you (according to his book & other reports - for what they're worth)
    Yeh Capper made a career ending decision when he left for the $$$. He has also said it in interviews several times that they refused to pass it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Yeh Capper made a career ending decision when he left for the $$$. He has also said it in interviews several times that they refused to pass it to him.
    In Wiz's defence, though he received nearly $1.2M for his 3 years with the Bears, the Swans effectively sold him to the Bears for the nearly $500K transfer fee to raise some much needed cash for Sydney (back when there were transfer fees)

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    In Wiz's defence, though he received nearly $1.2M for his 3 years with the Bears, the Swans effectively sold him to the Bears for the nearly $500K transfer fee to raise some much needed cash for Sydney (back when there were transfer fees)
    Yeh the old days of transfer fees that nearly sent clubs bankrupt. Ask a few Collingwood n Richmond supporters about it n you'll see a look of disgust n fear on their face lol

Veterans List
    Capper told my brother and I at a Swans function in Melbourne in his last year, that the coach didn't like him. I believe it was Col Kinnear.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Highest paid ressie. Ever.
    Yesterday Boyd was playing for the Bulldogs reserves and he is being paid $1 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yesterday Boyd was playing for the Bulldogs reserves and he is being paid $1 million.
    Facts, schmacts.

Hope he gets his body right during the pre-season. I think we can still use him for a season or two unless we unearth or recruit an A grade ruckman

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    If we traded Tippett for salary cap space I like the sound of Meese, old fashioned ruckman who may not play a lot of games but who won't let us down and from the sound of it provide good internal training for our young rucks
    With regards to Tippy's body letting him down, on another thread (mid season after he injured his ankle for the second time in an innocuous incident) I suggested that he might have unstable ankles from recurrent injuries (ankles that aren't well managed early - & I'm speaking generally, not suggesting poor management by the Swans medical staff) as he was recovering quite quickly after each injury (eg he would roll an ankle early in a game but could resume later in the game).
    I have no insider knowledge at all but it appears that he's having corrective ankle surgery during the off season. If it's any form of stabilisation, it will hopefully eliminate ankle problems in future. He seems to be over his Crows concussion issues. It might be that he will be fresher than he has ever been for us.

If he is having the the surgery, which club would take on an injury prone ruckman, with a hefty contract (regardless of how much the Swans pay).

I personally think he will stay, with the club expecting that his ankle woes will be resolved surgically and once he has adequately rehabbed it, he will be the forward/ruckman we envisioned he could be - a great foil for Buddy & a great back-up for Naismith

Tippett!!

I tend to think that we are stuck with him given his hefty contract. He has little trade currency. We can only hope that he can return from injury and find some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a great player, when he's healthy.
    Gotta keep him healthy.
    I say we send him up and down the sand hills at Kurnell on the off-season.
    Strengthen his ankles.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

He should change his name to Steve Austin and we should spend the off-season rebuilding him from the ankles up. He will have cost us about $6 million.

Looking forward to a lean, mobile version in 2018.

Senior Player
    I know there are season review threads, but I just wanted to keep this one going. Looking forward to the first post of 2018 here

Season Review: #8 Kurt Tippett - sydneyswans.com.au