Page 1 of 463 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

Tippett!!

According to the AFL app Hutchy reckons Swans making a play for Tippett? Not a free agent so what would it cost us?

Yep, talk is we are in

Quote Originally Posted by Bennymno4 View Post
    Yep, talk is we are in
    White + 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by Bennymno4 View Post
    White + 1st round
    White has proved himself as a capable ruckman in the reserves and with Seaby most definitely leaving I think we'd keep White as our back up ruckman with LRT in case there's any injuries [Mumford always seems to have a few niggles]

The smiles and in house chuckles in the Longmire On the couch interview would suggest that we are having a crack and are in it up to our back teeth.

However the home factor, pay deal and getting the trade Done would suggest we are a long shot.

DST

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    White has proved himself as a capable ruckman in the reserves and with Seaby most definitely leaving I think we'd keep White as our back up ruckman with LRT in case there's any injuries [Mumford always seems to have a few niggles]
    Kidding yourself if u think white is a match for tippett either forward or in ruck.

We are bidding

Seaby + 1st round

On the Rookie List
    Would be happy with White + 1st rounder (pick 22). Not sure if it'd get the deal done though as Tippett is a gun (recent form aside). They'd want a much higher pick than that. We can possibly get him as a free agent if he delists himself (i.e walks out on the club, forgoing any remaining years of contract etc.) but would be surprised if that happened.

I'm all for it though. Another young tall who can clunk contested grabs. I think the GF showed that playing Goodes as a traditional KPF is a waste. He was at his freewheeling best (and still will be next year, IMO) when allowed to run around as he pleased. Tippett and Reid as a combo would be magnificent. Get it done!
    Twitter: @tp_rose

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Seaby + 1st round
    Seaby has failed a medical for chronic issues. No deal

Quote Originally Posted by TPR4 View Post
    Would be happy with White + 1st rounder (pick 22). Not sure if it'd get the deal done though as Tippett is a gun (recent form aside). They'd want a much higher pick than that. We can possibly get him as a free agent if he delists himself (i.e walks out on the club, forgoing any remaining years of contract etc.) but would be surprised if that happened.

I'm all for it though. Another young tall who can clunk contested grabs. I think the GF showed that playing Goodes as a traditional KPF is a waste. He was at his freewheeling best (and still will be next year, IMO) when allowed to run around as he pleased. Tippett and Reid as a combo would be magnificent. Get it done!
    Yeah might not get it done, may have to lose another either with 3way pick or direct. Whites trade value goes up with a premiership, makes him a better player.

We have good trade relations with Adelaide thru the Johnson deal last year.

Tippett decision, gold coast? Brisbane? Blues? Or premiers?

My bet it happens

Tippett?

This has been talked about on another thread, Word is they want Grundy ( and probably a pick as well I would imagine). I don't get it though. Apparently the offer he has from Adelaide is better than anything either of the QLD clubs has offered, In the region of 600- 700 k is my understanding . Are we really going to beat that price? Because if hes not going home to QLD, he's going for a better deal. Otherwise why wouldn't he stay at the crows, who have an exciting future?

On the veteran's list
    No hope. We now have the last pick of the first round and this will get worse with the free agency compensations. (Which, incidentally, I personally think should come from the club gaining the free agent rather than being awarded by the AFL and penalising all the non participating clubs with later picks!) Besides the premiership team and McGlynn, Mitchell and Rohan we've got nothing of value except for untried youngsters. Why would Adelaide take a reserves player (White), or an ageing third string ruckman (Seaby) plus a pick somewhere in the mid twenties for one of their guns when clubs will be lining up to make much better offers?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Page 1 of 463 123451151101 ... LastLast